View Poll Results: Photo ID to vote?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    82 66.13%
  • No

    42 33.87%
Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 826

Thread: Photo ID to vote?

  1. #121
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    My point is those people not have ID. If we're going to require voter ID then make a damn voter ID card with a picture. Obviously voter fraud is not the issue because a voter ID card with a pic would solve any problems with disenfranchisement.
    Sure...sounds good. Voter ID cards for all registered voters. Free for those that cant afford it, unncessary for people already in posession of an official state ID card. Limit ONE per customer. Problem solved. Because really EVERYONE wants a free and fair election with no fraud.

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    A homeless person is allowed to use a shelter's address to register to vote.
    And if there is no shelter in an area?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,947

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    As long as state ID's can be obtained for free or a low cost and at more locations than the DMV, I would have no problem with that requirement. They cost $44.50 here and at that rate would be prohibitive for low income, student and elderly voters. Our voter registration forms, do not require a state ID. The last four digits of the social security number are sufficient. Lacking those there is a list of other acceptable forms of ID.

    Full disclosure, we vote by mail in Oregon, since 2000. Out of thousands of investigations, only nine prosecutions have occurred.

    Vote fraud is extremely rare and always unacceptable | OregonLive.com

    Yes, an editorial.

    Here is an article regarding recent accusations of voter fraud and the findings.

    Multnomah County GOP continues to raise charges of voter fraud | OregonLive.com

    The Republican Party paid to recount 8,247 ballots in three scattered precincts and found that the only difference from the original count was that Kitzhaber picked up one more vote.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We can’t get lost in discrimination. We can’t get lost in B.S. We can’t get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #124
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Why not provide an ID card for voting? Because the issue isn't "voter fraud" it's limiting votes from groups that normally don't vote Republican. Also...all elderly are not homeless crackheads. All Minorities are not homeless crackheads. All low income individuals are not crack heads.
    That has nothing to do with it. It is about voter fraud. As I already pointed out it is not unconstitutional according to 2 federal courts now. So you have no argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Of course...power through any means for conservative eh?
    Well most voter fraud has been found to be on the Democratic party's head, you do the math.

    It's all about power...

    Push to register felons to vote could aid Obama - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27023034/#.Tut4PNTOwrk
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-16-11 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #125
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Without the ID requirement, the person is still committing two felonies, if not more, so I don't see your point.
    With an ID requirement it's easier to catch them if the fake is discovered.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #126
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Since another Presidential election is coming up, how about this topic again?

    Should people have to show their photo ID in order to vote in US presidential elections? Why or why not?
    Some issues are a lot less complex than others. This one is just common sense. Yes, photo ID should be required. The integrity/purity of election results are a foundaton of our government. Photo IDs won't make the process perfect but it will eliminate one more gap.

    In the case of someone who has no ID and has evidence they can't afford one, the State should provide one without cost. Believe most states already provide "non-driving" photo IDs at the DMV. Wouldn't be much stress on the budget to make those free for the indigent.


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  7. #127
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    IT won't and many liberals have no problem making anyone trying to exercise their second amendment rights to do far more than merely SHOW a photo ID

    seriously, in this day and age if you don't have a photo ID you are probably someone I really don't trust to be voting.
    I see what you’re thinking; a trust test in order to vote would be good. Tell me more.
    A poll tax and a photo voters ID might be a good thing when it comes to having the people that should vote vote.
    Last edited by OhIsee.Then; 12-16-11 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added suggestion

  8. #128
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    That has nothing to do with it. It is about voter fraud. As I already pointed out it is not unconstitutional according to 2 federal courts now. So you have no argument.
    No...your argument is just irrational. You are stating that it's fine to basically disenfranchise millions of voters in order to stop 84 cases in 5 years of voter fraud. What next, are we going to invade Chile because someone died from a bad Chilean farm raised Salmon? You guys seem to be so blaise about making the voting process harder for millions of Americans...typically those that are worse off for less voter fraud votes needed to elect a highchool class President.

    Well most voter fraud has been found to be on the Democratic party's head, you do the math.

    It's all about power...

    Push to register felons to vote could aid Obama -
    Really...because last I checked voter fraud is a felony and he would probably no longer be the head of the DNC!

    Expanding voting rights has nothing to do with restricting them. I'm glad you admit the issue is power though instead of concerns about voting fraud.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #129
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No...your argument is just irrational. You are stating that it's fine to basically disenfranchise millions of voters in order to stop 84 cases in 5 years of voter fraud. What next, are we going to invade Chile because someone died from a bad Chilean farm raised Salmon? You guys seem to be so blaise about making the voting process harder for millions of Americans...typically those that are worse off for less voter fraud votes needed to elect a highchool class President.

    Really...because last I checked voter fraud is a felony and he would probably no longer be the head of the DNC!

    Expanding voting rights has nothing to do with restricting them. I'm glad you admit the issue is power though instead of concerns about voting fraud.
    OK after that wave of fallacy, I have come to the conclusion I am done here.

    Have a good one man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #130
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Photo ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No...your argument is just irrational. You are stating that it's fine to basically disenfranchise millions of voters in order to stop 84 cases in 5 years of voter fraud. What next, are we going to invade Chile because someone died from a bad Chilean farm raised Salmon? You guys seem to be so blaise about making the voting process harder for millions of Americans...typically those that are worse off for less voter fraud votes needed to elect a highchool class President.
    People really need to stop misusing the disenfranchisement argument.Disenfranchise - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary If you read the meaning it is simply to DENY a right. Requiring someone to prove that they are the proper person to exercise the right and not a family pet, dead person, made up name(mickey mouse has voted at one time), or stolen identity is NOT disenfranchisement and frankly every politician and other public political figure misusing the term for political reasons should be censured, fined, and jailed.



    Expanding voting rights has nothing to do with restricting them.
    Legal citizens over 18 years of age already have the vote regardless of sex, religion, and race with the only restrictions being in some states felons or the mentally unfit so where do you expand to? Unless you mean the dead, Mickey Mouse, etc.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •