View Poll Results: Is the OWS Movement against Capitalism?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 52.08%
  • No

    41 42.71%
  • I don't know

    5 5.21%
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 531

Thread: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

  1. #491
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You see...this is why I suggest you do your own research. I've done my homework...I've given actual evidence that Lasn and White are actively controlling and manipulating the useful idiots in this very thread. And yet, you ignore the information provided and repeat your whining about no evidence...

    Jeez...I don't know why I bother. I've already hashed this out with another member in this thread about two hundred posts ago...and you want to do it all over.

    Forget it.
    Again, you have not posted any evidence that OWS is obeying the commands of Lasn and White. If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, then post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #492
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You see...this is why I suggest you do your own research. I've done my homework...I've given actual evidence that Lasn and White are actively controlling and manipulating the useful idiots in this very thread. And yet, you ignore the information provided and repeat your whining about no evidence...

    Jeez...I don't know why I bother. I've already hashed this out with another member in this thread about two hundred posts ago...and you want to do it all over.

    Forget it.
    the thing is you have provided no evidence. We claimed from post 1 that these men have been involved in the movement and called for it in the summer via a poster and hashtag. You then claim no they are radicals manipulating the movement and are the leaders. We asked you to provide evidence. You provided 4 or 5 links that agreed with us and you claimed this proves your point. It actually didnt. It proved that they called for the movement via a hashtag and poster in the summer and that they said the movement was leaderless...
    Now you are back to "you guys do your own research, its out there."
    We ask you to provide it for us..
    You say, "no your lazy"..
    Are you incompetent?


  3. #493
    User SolonOfAthens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-22-11 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    19

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ohhhhh...so if we just simply significantly changed our health care industry, educational system, and election system they'd be happy. Wow, how amazingly simple.
    Who is saying that such changes are expected to be simple?

  4. #494
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    the thing is you have provided no evidence. We claimed from post 1 that these men have been involved in the movement and called for it in the summer via a poster and hashtag. You then claim no they are radicals manipulating the movement and are the leaders. We asked you to provide evidence. You provided 4 or 5 links that agreed with us and you claimed this proves your point. It actually didnt. It proved that they called for the movement via a hashtag and poster in the summer and that they said the movement was leaderless...
    Now you are back to "you guys do your own research, its out there."
    We ask you to provide it for us..
    You say, "no your lazy"..
    Are you incompetent?
    Nope. You ARE lazy. And you are unable to comprehend what is placed before your very eyes.

    I gave you links over two hundred posts ago...and again recently...and all you got out of it was "hashtags and a poster".
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #495
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Nope. You ARE lazy. And you are unable to comprehend what is placed before your very eyes.

    I gave you links over two hundred posts ago...and again recently...and all you got out of it was "hashtags and a poster".
    We're still waiting for you to post evidence that Lasn and White are controlling the OWS. Your claims are nonsense, as are your accusations.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #496
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Nope. You ARE lazy. And you are unable to comprehend what is placed before your very eyes.
    Now you are just using excuses like conspiracy theorists... We comprehended it fine. You didnt. You believed it was something it was not.
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. Using all these excuses.

    I gave you links over two hundred posts ago...and again recently...and all you got out of it was "hashtags and a poster".
    Naa that wasnt me 200 posts ago...

    Im not lazy. You are the one being lazy. You do not know how debating works. When people make an accusation (you are the one making accusations.), especially the one you are claiming him being a radical, the leader, and manipulating the people of the movement, people will ask for a source to the claim, and proof. You then say "go out and find it yourself". See that is now how debating works. Usually the one who makes the claim has sourrces for those claims. People who do not have sources or cant provide them usually are the ones who just make **** up.. (You)


  7. #497
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The quote you posted does not support your claim that there was a plan to spread OWS to multiple cities or that the people you named organized the spread of OWS to multiple cities.






    Again, the info you post does not support your abdurd claims. The fact that Lasn registered a website does not show that he is orchestrating the movement. All it shows is that he registered a website.
    This seems like direct involvement...

    #OCCUPYWALLSTREET update from Adbusters
    Posted 4 months ago on Aug. 12, 2011, 11:52 a.m. EST by LupeFiascoConcert

    Occupy Wall Street | September 17th | #OCCUPYWALLSTREET | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters
    #OCCUPYWALLSTREET Update | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters

    Hey you rebels, radicals and utopian dreamers out there,

    We are living through a rare crisis and moment of opportunity. Western industrialized nations are now being masticated by the financial monster they themselves created. This is triggering a mood that alternates between angry denial and sudden panic. It looks like something is about to break, opening the space for a necessary transformation and a total rethink of global economic affairs. Events are playing perfectly into our September 17 occupation of Wall Street.

    So … can we on the left learn some new tricks? Can we head off to lower Manhattan with a fresh mindset and a powerful new demand?

    Strategically speaking, there is a very real danger that if we naively put our cards on the table and rally around the "overthrow of capitalism" or some equally outworn utopian slogan, then our Tahrir moment will quickly fizzle into another inconsequential ultra-lefty spectacle soon forgotten. But if we have the cunning to come up with a deceptively simple Trojan Horse demand … something profound, yet so specific and doable that it is impossible for President Obama to ignore … something that spotlights Wall Street's financial capture of the US political system and confronts it with a pragmatic solution … like the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act … or a 1% tax on financial transactions … or an independent investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice into the corporate corruption of our representatives in Washington … or another equally creative but downright practical demand that will emerge from the people's assemblies held during the occupation … and if we then put our asses on the line, screw up our courage and hang in there day after day, week after week, until a large swath of Americans start rooting for us and President Obama is forced to respond … then we just might have a crack at creating a decisive moment of truth for America, a first concrete step towards achieving the radical changes we all dream about unencumbered by commitments to existing power structures.

    So, let's learn the strategic lessons of Tahrir (nonviolence), Syntagma (tenacity), Puerta del Sol (people's assemblies) and lay aside adherence to political parties and worn-out lefty dogmas. On September 17, let's sow the seeds of a new culture of resistance in America that fires up a permanent democratic awakening.

    See you on Wall St. Sept 17. Bring Tent.

    for the wild, Culture Jammers HQ Aug. 12, 2011 News Archive | OccupyWallSt.org
    Occupy Wall Street | September 17th | #OCCUPYWALLSTREET | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters

    Our movement is living through an existential, make-or-break moment.

    This is a tactical way of looking at it:

    When Tunisia rose up, Ben Ali scoffed … when young people occupied Tahrir Square, Mubarak resorted to paternalism and then mob violence … in Syria, Assad's troops fire daily into the crowds. And on Tuesday, a military style assault on Zuccotti Park – news blackouts, tear gas, closed airspace, an LRAD "sound cannon" – was carried out in the dead of night to take out our movement's spiritual home.

    For many weeks we had a kind of magic going for us … we held the high ground … we stuck doggedly to our Gandhian ways and blindsided the cynical world with our optimism, our camaraderie, our nonviolence, our determination to forge a different kind of future. With nothing more than twinkling fingers, mic checks, mutual respect, and hope for the future, we sparked a global democracy moment the likes of which the world had not seen since 1968.

    But New York's billionaire Mayor decided to snuff us out. We wanted a Tahrir Moment, an American Spring, and he attacked us in the middle of the night while we slept. These kinds of attacks on peaceful protestors did not work in Tunisia, not in Egypt, they are not working in Syria right now, and – wake up Bloomberg & Co! – they are not going to work in America either.

    This assault has stiffened our resolve. Now begins the second, visceral, canny, militant phase of our nonviolent march to real democracy. We regroup, lick our wounds and begin our counterattack as early as tomorrow.

    We will turn this winter into a training ground for precision disruptions – flashmobs, stink bombs, edgy theatrics – against the megacorps and the unrepentant 1%, a festival of resistance in the snow with, or without, an encampment that'll lay the tactical foundation for our Spring Offensive.

    The bottom line is this … you cannot attack your young and get away with it!

    for the wild,
    Culture Jammers HQ TACTICAL BRIEFING #19 | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters
    Culture Jammers Headquarters and tactical briefings? By now it should be obvious that we are not being fooled. What you do not seem to understand is that you are not OWS you are not the Occupy movement you are not their leader your opinion about who you believe them to be means nothing according to OWS.

    SPEAK WITH US, NOT FOR US.

    [.....]

    We stand in solidarity. We are Occupy Wall Street. Statement of Autonomy | NYC General Assembly # Occupy Wall Street

  8. #498
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    This seems like direct involvement...
    No one is disputing "direct involvement" Your constant reference to that is nothing but a straw man erected to hide the embarrassing fact that you can't back up your absurd accusations

    I'll repeat: We're still waiting for you to post evidence that Lasn and White are controlling the OWS. Your claims are nonsense, as are your accusations.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #499
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No one is disputing "direct involvement" Your constant reference to that is nothing but a straw man erected to hide the embarrassing fact that you can't back up your absurd accusations

    I'll repeat: We're still waiting for you to post evidence that Lasn and White are controlling the OWS. Your claims are nonsense, as are your accusations.
    Your too much lmao your talking to the wrong person. Lasn and white? When did I even mention White? Talking about strawman

    At least now you admit that Lasn is directly involved in OWS instead of just a person that spread an idea.

  10. #500
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Your too much lmao your talking to the wrong person. Lasn and white? When did I even mention White? Talking about strawman .
    Umm, you posted a quote from Adbusters. Who do you think Lasn and White are?

    At least now you admit that Lasn is directly involved in OWS instead of just a person that spread an idea.
    The person in the pic below is also "directly involved" in OWS. I guess this means you think he's controlling OWS

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •