View Poll Results: Is the OWS Movement against Capitalism?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 52.08%
  • No

    41 42.71%
  • I don't know

    5 5.21%
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 531

Thread: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

  1. #481
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    One can never research enough. It is interesting that an interview with Kalle Lasn on 10/12/2011 produced an outline of what Catawba and TheDemSocialist are asserting. Read the entire interview notice how Kalle Lasn seems to believe that he is in control. Also the story goes that OWS was so successful in New York that is spread to other cities. Well that is a bold face lie. In reality the plan all along was to start protests in multiple cities at the same time. These protests are far from organic. They are well organized and were planned well in advance by anti-globalization activists not just adbusters alone. More on who those people are latter when I get them itemized in proper order.

    Here is a article from 9/15/11 showing that it was planned ahead of time that multiple cities would have protests. The propaganda that asserts that OWS was successful and grew organically is a lie. And the useful idiots fell for it, no surprise there.
    The quote you posted does not support your claim that there was a plan to spread OWS to multiple cities or that the people you named organized the spread of OWS to multiple cities.




    BTW TheDemSocialist you should read this link: David Graeber: On Playing By The Rules

    It is the information that you requested about the OWS anarchists that control the General Assemblies.

    And it should be noted that occupywallstreet.org is owned by Kalle Lasn Now isnt that just a bit too much proof just how much Kalle Lasn is manipulating all of you useful idiots?
    Again, the info you post does not support your abdurd claims. The fact that Lasn registered a website does not show that he is orchestrating the movement. All it shows is that he registered a website.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #482
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    How does this prove any of your points?
    This just proves that he sent out some emails, wrote a book about corporate influence in the US, and started a hashtag which i did state.
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All you['ve shown is that they have been involved in the movement. You've shown nothing that supports your contention that they are controlling or manipulating the movement
    I have been very clear that the links I've provided are not all there is on the subject. I've been encouraging all to actually do some research. A couple of members have done so...though one of them didn't understand what was written in the link he provided.

    The two of you, however, have shown your laziness and your inability to comprehend anything that doesn't fit your mindset.

    But, let me ask you a question: Does the following indicate that Lasn and White have no involvement or influence in OWS activities? Or does it indicate direct action on their parts to control and manipulate those activities?

    ""Lasn and White quickly hammered out a post-Zuccotti plan. White would draft a new memorandum, suggesting that Phase I—signs, meetings, camps, marches—was now over. Phase II would involve a swarming strategy of “surprise attacks against business as usual,” with the potential to be “more intense and visceral, depending on how the Bloombergs of the world react.” White could hear the excitement in Lasn’s voice. Even as Lasn vented about the morning’s counterrevolution, he was doing what he could not to splash."
    Kalle Lasn and Micah White, the Creators of Occupy Wall Street : The New Yorker
    Last edited by Mycroft; 12-21-11 at 03:39 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #483
    Professor

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ohhhhh...so if we just simply significantly changed our health care industry, educational system, and election system they'd be happy. Wow, how amazingly simple.
    Yes. Why not ?

  4. #484
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I have been very clear that the links I've provided are not all there is on the subject. I've been encouraging all to actually do some research. A couple of members have done so...though one of them didn't understand what was written in the link he provided.
    Then why dont you provide those links? If they are out there and you know what they are and where they are they should be very very easy to provide......


    The two of you, however, have shown your laziness and your inability to comprehend anything that doesn't fit your mindset.
    Lazy? We are lazy? We are asking you for these mysterious links that are out on the interwebs. We ask you to provide them. You provide i guess only "some of these links" (which these links proved literally nothing). Then you come back and say, "oh well they are out there you guys are just lazy.".


    But, let me ask you a question: Does the following indicate that Lasn and White have no involvement or influence in OWS activities?
    From the whole start of this thread we have said yes they are involved. You were the one going around saying they are some crazy radicals who are manipulating them, and calling them the leaders of the movement...

    Or does it indicate direct action on their parts to control and manipulate those activities?
    No it doesnt prove this at all. It proves they called for a movement back in like July and made a poster and a hashtag for twitter...

    ""Lasn and White quickly hammered out a post-Zuccotti plan. White would draft a new memorandum, suggesting that Phase I—signs, meetings, camps, marches—was now over. Phase II would involve a swarming strategy of “surprise attacks against business as usual,” with the potential to be “more intense and visceral, depending on how the Bloombergs of the world react.” White could hear the excitement in Lasn’s voice. Even as Lasn vented about the morning’s counterrevolution, he was doing what he could not to splash."
    Kalle Lasn and Micah White, the Creators of Occupy Wall Street : The New Yorker


  5. #485
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I have been very clear that the links I've provided are not all there is on the subject. I've been encouraging all to actually do some research. A couple of members have done so...though one of them didn't understand what was written in the link he provided.

    The two of you, however, have shown your laziness and your inability to comprehend anything that doesn't fit your mindset.
    If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, the post it. Your failure to do so proves you're full of crap, and you're trying to hide your fail behind whines of laziness.

    But, let me ask you a question: Does the following indicate that Lasn and White have no involvement or influence in OWS activities? Or does it indicate direct action on their parts to control and manipulate those activities?
    If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, then post it. Stop being so lazy by asking others to do your homework for you



    ""Lasn and White quickly hammered out a post-Zuccotti plan. White would draft a new memorandum, suggesting that Phase I—signs, meetings, camps, marches—was now over. Phase II would involve a swarming strategy of “surprise attacks against business as usual,” with the potential to be “more intense and visceral, depending on how the Bloombergs of the world react.” White could hear the excitement in Lasn’s voice. Even as Lasn vented about the morning’s counterrevolution, he was doing what he could not to splash."
    Kalle Lasn and Micah White, the Creators of Occupy Wall Street : The New Yorker
    Again, you have not posted any evidence that OWS is obeying the commands of Lasn and White. If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, then post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #486
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Then why dont you provide those links? If they are out there and you know what they are and where they are they should be very very easy to provide......

    I provided links...others have provided links...in this very thread.

    Lazy? We are lazy? We are asking you for these mysterious links that are out on the interwebs. We ask you to provide them. You provide i guess only "some of these links" (which these links proved literally nothing). Then you come back and say, "oh well they are out there you guys are just lazy.".

    I don't believe in doing all the work. I've given enough information to substantiate my opinion. If it's not enough for you...and if you have sufficient interest...you'll do your own work.

    From the whole start of this thread we have said yes they are involved. You were the one going around saying they are some crazy radicals who are manipulating them, and calling them the leaders of the movement...

    They ARE crazy radicals. They ARE manipulating the useful idiots. They are not the leaders...OWS has no leaders.

    No it doesnt prove this at all. It proves they called for a movement back in like July and made a poster and a hashtag for twitter...
    Did you even READ the quote I gave you???
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #487
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Did you even READ the quote I gave you???
    I am still waiting for you to post evidence that the people and orgs you named control OWS. All you have done is shown that they are involved in the movement
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #488
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    I provided links...others have provided links...in this very thread.
    Yea and your links proved nothing! Just furthered and agreed with our point.

    I don't believe in doing all the work.
    Your not doing any work! Your making accusations then when we ask for a source or proof you just call us lazy.

    I've given enough information to substantiate my opinion.
    If you mean 4 links that provided no information other than to agree with what i have stated earlier...

    If it's not enough for you...and if you have sufficient interest...you'll do your own work.
    Yep

    They ARE crazy radicals.
    People that want the Glass Stegal Act back and to get corporate money out of politics are radicals?

    They ARE manipulating the useful idiots.
    How? im still waiting on the source or link or proof of this.. Oh yea "im lazy" and you dont like to "do all the work"... Making accusations but you hate providing evidence for this..

    They are not the leaders...OWS has no leaders.
    Then why did you claim they were?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Did you even READ the quote I gave you???
    Yes i did.
    And im still waiting on how OWS is obeying the commands of these men and are being "manipulated by them"...
    Oh yea but im lazy and you "dont like to do all the work"...
    Last edited by TheDemSocialist; 12-21-11 at 04:11 PM.


  9. #489
    User SolonOfAthens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-22-11 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    19

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    I had to vote no because there are varying factions involved in such a populist protest. There are going to be revolutionary socialists and anarchists that of course oppose the capitalist mode of production, but there are also plenty of progressives or democratic socialists that support the capitalist mode of production, while still realizing that capitalism must be restrained from eating the lower socioeconomic classes.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Is the OWS against Capitalism?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, the post it. Your failure to do so proves you're full of crap, and you're trying to hide your fail behind whines of laziness.



    If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, then post it. Stop being so lazy by asking others to do your homework for you





    Again, you have not posted any evidence that OWS is obeying the commands of Lasn and White. If you have any actual evidence that shows that the people and orgs you named are controlling or manipulating OWS, then post it.
    You see...this is why I suggest you do your own research. I've done my homework...I've given actual evidence that Lasn and White are actively controlling and manipulating the useful idiots in this very thread. And yet, you ignore the information provided and repeat your whining about no evidence...

    Jeez...I don't know why I bother. I've already hashed this out with another member in this thread about two hundred posts ago...and you want to do it all over.

    Forget it.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •