View Poll Results: Should sports be segregated by gender?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel there's no need to seperate genders, let them play co-ed

    8 12.31%
  • Boys should play with boys, and girls with girls

    22 33.85%
  • It depends on the sport

    23 35.38%
  • other

    12 18.46%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 170

Thread: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

  1. #61
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, yes, i have to acknowledge my personal hypocrisy
    You could just end it instead.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  2. #62
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm not a big fan of girls
    That much is obvious by your pattern of misogynistic postings.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #63
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that's what I don't get, they already have a girls team. which means they are already footing the bill for facilities and coaching. how much more could it possibly cost the school to add a boys team? speedos are not that expensive
    Yeah - there's no reason for this at all. This has just drawn attention to the fact that the school is being stubborn for no real reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Huh? You're complaining that a male has to do more? It thought males were athletically superior?

    Or are you talking about age? Don't get the two mixed up now.
    No - he's pointing out that woman CAN and SHOULD be held to the SAME military standard - and I agree.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #64
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Huh? You're complaining that a male has to do more? It thought males were athletically superior?

    Or are you talking about age? Don't get the two mixed up now.
    It's both. don't squeal we are equal and then expect me to do more. If I have to do more to get the same score....we are not equal
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #65
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    It's both. don't squeal we are equal and then expect me to do more. If I have to do more to get the same score....we are not equal
    Well - technically: the men's standards were set first and women were expected to do less. They should never have set those differential-provisions.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 11-30-11 at 11:26 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #66
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Should sports be segregated by gender?

    I think it should depend on the sport because of the fact men are generally stronger and can take more abuse than women.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    In wrestling and soccer I'd agree; but Football is the one place where I have had the opportunity to see a female high school athlete compete with the boys, and it was not pleasant for her. My Junior year in high school we scrimmaged against another local school that had a young lady playing Offensive Tackle. She had long hair, was wearing makeup, and let's just say that her uniform/pads did little to hide her "upper body assets". The boys playing defensive line in the first half of that game took great delight in abusing her (even I'll admit it was a bit over the top). They were grabbing her hair as they went past her on rushes. They were making sure that their hands found certain "assets" when engaged on blocks by her. At halftime she QUIT because of the abuse.
    And where was the boys team football coach, during the time this crap was going on ???
    Boys will be boys, but men MUST act as men !

  8. #68
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Should sports be segregated by gender?

    I think it should depend on the sport because of the fact men are generally stronger and can take more abuse than women.
    I'm starting to question that - because guys have been on the girls' 'team' in competition since 1980 (per the article) and they're just now winning . . . I use to always assume guys were predominately physically superior (a small % weren't, maybe - just as a small % of women are actually physically superior to men) - but I guess not.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #69
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well - technically: the men's standards were set first and women were expected to do less. They should never have set those differential-provisions.
    smeggin hell... don't go all mistermister on me. whether you say that I have to do more to be considered "equal" to a female who is half my age or a female half my age has to do less to be considered "equal" to me is irrelevent.


    poe tay toe -v- poe tah toe ...it still tastes like Spud
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-30-11 at 11:41 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #70
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I'm starting to question that - because guys have been on the girls' 'team' in competition since 1980 (per the article) and they're just now winning . . . I use to always assume guys were predominately physically superior (a small % weren't, maybe - just as a small % of women are actually physically superior to men) - but I guess not.
    you have to consider that, in swimming, the guys generally have wider shoulders and therefore create more drag that must be over come and they have a higher body mass that they have to pull through the water. and, as we all know...water is much less forgiving than is air.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •