View Poll Results: Should sports be segregated by gender?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel there's no need to seperate genders, let them play co-ed

    8 12.31%
  • Boys should play with boys, and girls with girls

    22 33.85%
  • It depends on the sport

    23 35.38%
  • other

    12 18.46%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 170 of 170

Thread: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

  1. #161
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because history beyond that of the US is pretty useless.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Oh you mean like guys who play sports or scuba or etc, etc. That is really a stupid excuse.
    Those are athletics were a person is being themselves in a real world, not a make believe world where they are a "Lord" or "Knight" of some false land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nothing to make fun of, but hey like you said to each his own.
    Actually, there's a lot to make fun of. Get some thicker skin dude. If you're going to admit to playing Monty Python and the Holy Grail, you have to expect some ribbing about it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #162
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Last Seen
    04-02-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    50

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    I agree. Cut out the double standards, and maybe coed teen leagues for non contact sports might would be a decent idea and then there wouldn't be the issue of double standards.

  3. #163
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Last Seen
    04-02-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    50

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Look, I don't play sports because there are no coed teams.... Academic team is coed, and that's a major reason why I love it. I think in team sports it's ok (footballs too rough from what I see on tv) but in individual sports it depends. If there were coed options and competition (more leagues, which means no monopolies) would solve this issue.

  4. #164
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Athletics are separated by gender because men are naturally stronger than women in the overwhelming majority of the average populous.

    Sports are gender specific because of the physical differences between men and women, and a simple look at world records in Olympic events shows that if sports were not competed by gender, very, very few women would be winners of any world record.

    Men generally have an unequal advantage in physical ability over women, which makes men competing in women events and sport unfair; however, I feel it is fair and welcome to have women compete against men in male events if women are willing and capable to compete on such a level.

    An obvious purpose for women to compete with males would be equal access to monetary rewards associated with competing on a highly lucrative level unmet within women sport associations, i.e., allowing qualified women to compete in NHL, MLB, NBA, and like leagues across the globe.

    Another reason for women to complete against men is when a women's team, or a women alternative is unavailable (and women can, through their ability, earn a spot to complete). The reverse is not appropriate for reasons of natural hormonal and physical differences in the genders.

    It is sad that these male swimmers have not been given their own programs and competitions in which they compete against other male swimmers and compete against male records.

    Those responsible for organizing things have failed; they have failed the male and female competitors by not providing a fair and prideful framework in which competition can flourish for both sexes.

  5. #165
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.
    I weep for the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Those are athletics were a person is being themselves in a real world, not a make believe world where they are a "Lord" or "Knight" of some false land.
    Yea just like those wacky civil war, WWII, WWI etc reenactors shooting blanks at each other. No one is "in" a make believe world. They are reenacting actual events that did happen. This is not playing D&D or LARPing. Damn the fact I even know what LARPing is, is really sad, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Actually, there's a lot to make fun of. Get some thicker skin dude. If you're going to admit to playing Monty Python and the Holy Grail, you have to expect some ribbing about it.
    This is exactly what I mean. No one is sitting around playing MP & the HG, not even close. It's actually no different than any other reenactment or the renaissance fair. Has nothing to do with being skin thinned. Has to do with the fact you thought it was no real, and after being exposed played it off. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #166
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I weep for the future.
    Here's a tissue.
    Attachment 67138476
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Damn the fact I even know what LARPing is, is really sad, lol.
    Concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is exactly what I mean. No one is sitting around playing MP & the HG, not even close. It's actually no different than any other reenactment or the renaissance fair. Has nothing to do with being skin thinned. Has to do with the fact you thought it was no real, and after being exposed played it off. End of story.
    I never said I thought it was real or not. I don't really care. What I see is a grown man spending his money and taking time away from his family to go play with swords. That's no better than a guy who goes and plays golf all weekend or hangs out at the bar all night Friday and all night Saturday with the very people he works with. IMO, a man who does things like that needs to get his priorities in line. I would expect you to value family time a little more than most seeing as you claim to be military. That's my whole issue with crap like this. If you're single, whatever, more power to you. You'll probably stay that way for awhile doing this crap.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    Where are the lines drawn for double standards? If it's ok for females to wrestle and play football with males, why can't males swim with females?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/sp...pagewanted=all
    Because a boy's body is stronger and this creates an unfair advantage.

    However, should a girl feel that she can rise to the challenge of competing with men, I say let her.

  8. #168
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Because a boy's body is stronger and this creates an unfair advantage.
    but...but...but......we are all EQUAL......
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #169
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    In physical events...all things being equal...well...sure...in virtually all cases the male will be superior and so we need a female version of the sport so lesser athletes can compete 'fairly'. So...why do they need a Womens Poker Tour? Or Womens Chess Championship?Or for that matter ANY womens professional associations?

    Women kinda create this controversy Im afraid. Not all women...just the feminist types that insist on unequal equality.

  10. #170
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    no longer posting
    Last Seen
    01-10-13 @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    453

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    The differences between men and women when it comes to sport are dramatic. This is true for almost every sport from football to tennis to figure skating. Why people get offended when this is mentioned is beyond me.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •