View Poll Results: Should sports be segregated by gender?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel there's no need to seperate genders, let them play co-ed

    8 12.31%
  • Boys should play with boys, and girls with girls

    22 33.85%
  • It depends on the sport

    23 35.38%
  • other

    12 18.46%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 170

Thread: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

  1. #151
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,992

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So Tigger basically wishes we were living in medieval times?
    That is a shock as I thought he preferred biblical times
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #152
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    That is a shock as I thought he preferred biblical times
    Nah. They probably treated women better in biblical times than medieval times...can't have that...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #153
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Greetings M'Lord. I trust today finds you well in body and spirit.

    YIS,
    Lord Haraldr Orn AOA, OSC
    Greetings.. Yes it does although. Unfortunately I am no longer able to go to events or do the tourney rounds anymore. Have not been a member since oh 82? It was allot smaller and very different back then.

    Squire Le'Blanc E'stage
    Last edited by Black Dog; 11-15-12 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #154
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Wow........just wow.
    I bet you say that to all the reenactors.

    It's allot of fun. Don't knock it because of a limited world view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Greetings.. Yes it does although. Unfortunately I am no longer able to go to events or do the tourney rounds anymore. Have not been a member since oh 82? It was allot smaller and very different back then.

    Squire Le'Blanc E'stage
    Well we probably know some of the same people even considering the time lapse. Best wishes to you and yours.

  6. #156
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Um... why was a dried up, year-old thread dredged up? Just askin'.
    Oscar wanted to gloat about getting beaten and blown by a girl?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #157
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Um... why was a dried up, year-old thread dredged up? Just askin'.
    because someone was reading it and "liked" one of my posts and it showed up on my UCP...I didn't even bother to check the dates
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So Tigger basically wishes we were living in medieval times?
    In a single word, Yes. To elaborate a little more, I'd prefer the style of governance that existed in the Norman areas of England, France, Italy, and Syria in the 12th and 13th Centuries.

  9. #159
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I bet you say that to all the reenactors.

    It's allot of fun. Don't knock it because of a limited world view.
    My view is of grown men playing dress up and fighting with swords. That's what I'm seeing. It's one thing to do this for a Civil War reenactment or something like that. That is a historically significant event in our country and does a service to fellow citizens. It's a whole other thing for a bunch of grown men to take time away from their families to go play. Whatever though man. To each his own. I can still make fun of you for it
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #160
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Boys Swimming on Girls Teams Find Success, Then Draw Jeers

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    My view is of grown men playing dress up and fighting with swords. That's what I'm seeing. It's one thing to do this for a Civil War reenactment or something like that. That is a historically significant event in our country and does a service to fellow citizens.
    Because history beyond that of the US is pretty useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    It's a whole other thing for a bunch of grown men to take time away from their families to go play.
    Oh you mean like guys who play sports or scuba or etc, etc. That is really a stupid excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Whatever though man. To each his own. I can still make fun of you for it
    Nothing to make fun of, but hey like you said to each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •