View Poll Results: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    66 37.50%
  • No

    110 62.50%
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 443

Thread: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    lobbyists are not just unions of corporations... that is false.

    Do you understand how a lobbying group or firm functions?

    Do you understand how an Union functions?

    Do you not see similarities?

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Regardless of the other mechanisms... his point is correct. Personhood for corporations is just another form of greed and control.
    it's only correct when you have a juvenile understanding of the issue...

    corporate personhood is a very good thing for us.. the benefits outweigh the costs by far. ... but you have to want to explore the whole issue in order to find this out.....progressive talking points will never get you to the truth.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Wow, you don't know what you're talking about.

    Lobbyists can and do work for anyone, not just corporations or groups of corporations.
    Talk about missing the point...

    A firm the specializes in lobbying for energy corps is not going to rep Kraft Foods.

    Lobby groups ARE collectives. They ARE corps in the same industry BANDING together and BUYING access and INFLUENCE.

    Get better informed before you respond and attempt to have a go around with me...

  4. #134
    User snodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    56

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    If your conclusion is that voters are dumb, why let them vote in the first place?
    No, voters are not dumb...easily manipulated and lazy perhaps but not dumb. Why let them vote? Because I agree with Churchill.... "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the rest."

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Do you understand how a lobbying group or firm functions?

    Do you understand how an Union functions?

    Do you not see similarities?
    you left off a big ass chuck of lobby groups... such as the ACLU, NRA, etc etcetcetcetcetcetc... they lobby issues.. and their members are not corporations.
    industry lobbyists do exist, but they do not make up the bulk of lobbyists.

    when you start off with a flawed premise, you will inevitably end up with a flawed conclusion.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,049

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it's only correct when you have a juvenile understanding of the issue...

    corporate personhood is a very good thing for us.. the benefits outweigh the costs by far. ... but you have to want to explore the whole issue in order to find this out.....progressive talking points will never get you to the truth.
    Right. A dissenting opinion is a juvenile one. Obviously that is a juvenile opinion.

    Well, been nice talking with ya...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Talk about missing the point...

    A firm the specializes in lobbying for energy corps is not going to rep Kraft Foods.

    Lobby groups ARE collectives. They ARE corps in the same industry BANDING together and BUYING access and INFLUENCE.

    Get better informed before you respond and attempt to have a go around with me...
    what corporation banded together to form the collective known as the NRA?.. the ACLU?.. the Ford Foundation?..planned parenthood?... etcetcetcetcetcetetetcet

    enlightened us.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right. A dissenting opinion is a juvenile one. Obviously that is a juvenile opinion.

    Well, been nice talking with ya...
    no... a juvenile opinion is juvenile...and wrongheaded dissenting opinion is wrongheaded.

    a dissenting opinion is fine... but you gotta have knowledge first, not inaccurate talking points

  9. #139
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,049

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    that's why we have lobbyists, so they can represent other people on the issues.

    for instance,instead of 4 million people trying to bang down congressman's doors or have lunch with them to talk about gun rights, they sent the NRA.
    That is oviously a superficial understanding of the issue... and that is of course, your right to express.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,049

    Re: Would you support an amendment barring corporate and union money from elections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    no... a juvenile opinion is juvenile...and wrongheaded dissenting opinion is wrongheaded.

    a dissenting opinion is fine... but you gotta have knowledge first, not inaccurate talking points
    Your counterpoint was so filled with knowledge that I hardly know where to begin.

    OR...

    Perhaps you are just spouting off talking points and confusing others statements through projection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •