View Poll Results: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they very much represent their complaints & agenda.

    24 18.32%
  • They represent some of their complaints & agenda, but also have their own unique/radical ideas.

    30 22.90%
  • Not really, their ideas are more represent the complaints & goals of the poor and radicals.

    23 17.56%
  • Not at all! They only speak for a radical fringe!!

    54 41.22%
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 513

Thread: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

  1. #401
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    You keep ignoring what OWS actually says.

    What is very telling about OWS is their insistence that OWS is copying Egypt's Tahrir Square. Hence the common OWS slogan "Are you ready for a Tahrir moment?" That could only mean one thing that OWS expects the US Government to fold under the pressure of OWS. OWS does not want to just get people talking about economics and social structure. They want us to believe that the US Government is so corrupt that it is a lost cause.

    Attachment 67119167

    ANd they do boldly offer a solution of sorts: "the only solution is WorldRevolution" That is a very closed minded opinion.

    Speaking of Revolution here is a site created by and OWS: Guide for Demonstrators | How to camp for a global revolution



    What an odd list for an non-violent movement. Perhaps Anarchists may be just one element of OWS, but they are leading OWS.

    And again I must point out that Hitler was representing the people/99% of Germany as well.


    None of that is officially connected to the OWS movement, but nice try!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #402
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    None of that is officially connected to the OWS movement, but nice try!
    but Cat, the opposition so NEEDS a tangible entity to hate
    and an identifiable head of that entity to rail against
    as well as a stated platform to ridicule
    all because they realize they are unable to make any sense of their reich wing, teabagging dogma
    while history has proven them wrong and misguided
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #403
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Rev - you and I do not agree about politics - but that is one beautiful grill island you have there.
    Thanks man. Just finished it avout 2 weeks ago. We were going to gi all out with cabonets, sinks, a refrigerator and all that, but decided instead to keep it real simple. Paver interlocks type blocks and about 6k worth of granite.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #404
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but Cat, the opposition so NEEDS a tangible entity to hate
    and an identifiable head of that entity to rail against
    as well as a stated platform to ridicule
    all because they realize they are unable to make any sense of their reich wing, teabagging dogma
    while history has proven them wrong and misguided


    You don't see the hypocricy in your post, do you?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #405
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    None of that is officially connected to the OWS movement, but nice try!
    No you are very wrong, what I quoted and linked is officially OWS material. It is direct evidence and no amount hiding your head in the sand will change those facts.

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    My guess is they represent the radicals, economic failures, welfare beggars and full fledged libtards that comprise 25 - 30% of the population. Their message is just as confusing and illiterate as the messages we get from the group I described. I really do hope they come back in the fall of next year and start up the same stupid ship they just ended. They are the gift that keeps on giving.
    To be expected from a "very conservative"..
    Rather than guessing, why not leave your ivory tower and mix with the people ??
    Then the solution would be obvious.

  7. #407
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You don't see the hypocricy in your post, do you?
    no. please point it out
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #408
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but Cat, the opposition so NEEDS a tangible entity to hate
    and an identifiable head of that entity to rail against
    as well as a stated platform to ridicule
    all because they realize they are unable to make any sense of their reich wing, teabagging dogma
    while history has proven them wrong and misguided
    Please explain who you believe to be the opposition. Notice that I am an Independent not an Conservative. I do not subscribe to right wing politics in some dogmatic chest thumbing rut. I like to think outside of the box, yet I can observe the obvious Leftist push in the occupy movement. Until the occupy movement can prove itself as an majority movement it is only a distraction not a focus. Like or hate the Right (in your case hate) they will not just disappear off the face of the earth just because the Left hates them.

    I have asked many OWS supporters what they intend to do with non Left leaning Americans if they succeed. Not one has even attempted to answer that honest question. I am not on the Right but if so much hate for the Right is the basis of the occupy movement then I must assume that their tolerances for diverse thinkers like myself is just as intolerant.

    So I formally challenge OWS supporters to share with us what the plans are for non-Left leaning Americans in your Revolution? Will you outlaw everything but your point of view?

    OWS does not equal the 99% they do not speak for the entire 99%. Asserting that OWS speaks in behalf of the 99% ignores the reality that the occupy movement is entirely an Left modeled movement that not only ignores every American that is not on the Left but encourages hate against us.
    Last edited by FreedomFromAll; 12-07-11 at 12:41 PM.

  9. #409
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no. please point it out

    Quote Originally Posted by duh
    but Cat, the opposition so NEEDS a tangible entity to hate
    and an identifiable head of that entity to rail against
    as well as a stated platform to ridicule
    all because they realize they are unable to make any sense of their reich wing, teabagging dogma
    while history has proven them wrong and misguided


    read it again slowly.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #410
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Does the Occupy Wall Street movement represent the 99%?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Please explain who you believe to be the opposition.
    those who rail against the Occupy movement as well as the citizens who choose to participate in and advocate it

    Notice that I am an Independent not an Conservative.
    notice also that this thread is not about you. it does not matter what your professed lean might be

    I do not subscribe to right wing politics in some dogmatic chest thumbing rut. I like to think outside of the box, yet I can observe the obvious Leftist push in the occupy movement.
    good to know [/s]. share with us the characteristics you have identified which allows the Occupy movement and ALL of its participants to automatically be found to exhibit/possess a left lean

    Until the occupy movement can prove itself as an majority movement it is only a distraction not a focus.
    really? you believe that a movement can have no impact unless it comprises a majority of our citizens as its cohort. my opinion differs. and my opinion will be borne out by observing a history in which a minority movement can impact governance

    Like or hate the Right (in your case hate) they will not just disappear off the face of the earth just because the Left hates them.
    left or right doesn't matter to me. but i must confess a very low tolerance for stupid

    I have asked many OWS supporters what they intend to do with non Left leaning Americans if they succeed. Not one has even attempted to answer that honest question. I am not on the Right but if so much hate for the Right is the basis of the occupy movement then I must assume that their tolerances for diverse thinkers like myself is just as intolerant.
    in bold font you will find the portion of your argument which is found to be flawed
    and your question, what would OWS supporters do with those who do not have a left lean is a bogus question. Occupy does not seek to move away from a democratic system shared by those on the left, right and middle

    So I formally challenge OWS supporters to share with us what the plans are for non-Left leaning Americans in your Revolution?
    again, that is beyond a bogus question. the Occupy movement seeks fairness and a level economic playing field. only if that outcome would somehow be found in opposition to non-left leaning Americans would it potentially be to their detriment. i can think of no possible instance, but since you are the one with the vivid imagination, i shall leave that for you to ponder

    Will you outlaw everything but your point of view?
    Occupy is a grassroots collection of citizens. can you imagine a scenario where they could outlaw an opposing perspective with the Constitution intact. i can't but again, with your imagination, have at it and please share your conclusions with us

    OWS does not equal the 99% they do not speak for the entire 99%. Asserting that OWS speaks in behalf of the 99% ignores the reality that the occupy movement is entirely an Left modeled movement that not only ignores every American that is not on the Left but encourages hate against us.
    wow. actually it is 99% plus. we have members of the 1% like Warren Buffett who advocate some of the same views as the Occupy movement. and those who are in the 99% are in it by virtue of their financial standing. it has nothing to do with an arbitrary or subjective basis. and i am quite certain that there are a number who are not left leaning who are not also among the 1% .... which thus places them among the 99%. they may not value the Occupy movement, but they are part of the group the Occupy movement seeks to speak out for. do you have a problem with that? rhetorical question, actually, because i have put too much time and effort responding to this mostly nonsensical post, of one who insists they don't have a political lean while advocating for a right wing position
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •