View Poll Results: When will the media break a Newt Gingrich scandal?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • This week (before Nov 21st)

    0 0%
  • 1 - 2 weeks (Nov 21 -Nov 28)

    3 20.00%
  • 2 weeks - 1 month (Nov 29 - Dec 14)

    3 20.00%
  • 1 - 2 months (Dec 15 - Jan 15)

    1 6.67%
  • January 16 - 2012 Presidential Election

    2 13.33%
  • After 2012 election or never

    6 40.00%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That's a bad analogy. Being insensitive isn't the same as manslaughter.
    Correct, it's more along the lines of his John Edwards moment.

    I have a feeling it'll end up being as others have said though, more of a focus on previous scandals then some kind of new one. I think Gingrich has been gearing up for this for a while and probably watched himself well.

    Or they could fall back to the "scandal" technique that was used towards Newt about a year back that was ridiculous then and would still be ridiculous, and that was trying to paint him as a racist because a group he sits high up on gave money to a group who gave money to a group that does racist things so therefore Newt was racist.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    All pastors are racists. Jerry Falwell was one of the biggest racists/misogynists ever. Christianity promotes hate and bigotry. That's why our founders and many of our presidents like lincoln were atheists.
    Why do you always try to promote your view on the Founding Father's religious opinions every chance you get?

  3. #43
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    Why do you always try to promote your view on the Founding Father's religious opinions every chance you get?
    Don't get butt hurt over it. It's a politics discussion and every time someone tries to make religion an issue, i will bring the founding fathers up. You can remain ignorant of the truth by ignoring my posts. Its your choice.

  4. #44
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Don't get butt hurt over it. It's a politics discussion and every time someone tries to make religion an issue, i will bring the founding fathers up. You can remain ignorant of the truth by ignoring my posts. Its your choice.
    No one tried to make religion an issue. The issue was Obama's unsavory connections. Two of which happened to involve a church.

    Issues

    Issues has an issue and she won't rest until it becomes your issue, too. Even when she's not talking about her issue it's clear she would rather be talking about her issue. Something of a secular evangelist, he religion, her raison d'etre, her abiding passion is....well, her issue. Not exclusive to any ideological orientation, her issue could be the environment, abortion rights, raw foods, breast feeding, whatever. Her obsession, however, provides the key to defeating her in battle; she can't tolerate indifference, so if her thrusts are simply ignored she will rage, accuse, condemn, plead and finally, go away.


    How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?-issues-jpg
    I may be wrong.

  5. #45
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    No one tried to make religion an issue. The issue was Obama's unsavory connections. Two of which happened to involve a church.

    Issues

    Issues has an issue and she won't rest until it becomes your issue, too. Even when she's not talking about her issue it's clear she would rather be talking about her issue. Something of a secular evangelist, he religion, her raison d'etre, her abiding passion is....well, her issue. Not exclusive to any ideological orientation, her issue could be the environment, abortion rights, raw foods, breast feeding, whatever. Her obsession, however, provides the key to defeating her in battle; she can't tolerate indifference, so if her thrusts are simply ignored she will rage, accuse, condemn, plead and finally, go away.


    How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?-issues-jpg
    And i was making the argument that it doesn't matter because all pastors are like that and our atheist founders put a clause in the constitution that says no religious test should be required for any office so it doesn't matter who his pastor is and what church he attends if any.

  6. #46
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    And i was making the argument that it doesn't matter because all pastors are like that and our atheist founders put a clause in the constitution that says no religious test should be required for any office so it doesn't matter who his pastor is and what church he attends if any.
    And bringing up your views on the FF's religious preferences brought us to post #42. Then you posted post #43 claiming that someone made religion an issue. and then I posted post #44 pointing out that religion was not an issue, but rather unsavory connections. and then you posted post #45 saying that you were referring to connections rather than religion. And then I posted this post.

    I was here for it all. no need to recap.

    Religion wasn't brought up as an issue until you did it.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #47
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    And bringing up your views on the FF's religious preferences brought us to post #42. Then you posted post #43 claiming that someone made religion an issue. and then I posted post #44 pointing out that religion was not an issue, but rather unsavory connections. and then you posted post #45 saying that you were referring to connections rather than religion. And then I posted this post.

    I was here for it all. no need to recap.

    Religion wasn't brought up as an issue until you did it.
    Religion was brought up as an issue. Why does it matter what his pastor said? All pastors say crazy things. All of the sudden his pastor is an issue. Every time someone brings up wright or pleger religion is an issue.

  8. #48
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Religion was brought up as an issue.
    Yes, it was--by you.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #49
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    All pastors are racists. Jerry Falwell was one of the biggest racists/misogynists ever. Christianity promotes hate and bigotry. That's why our founders and many of our presidents like lincoln were atheists.
    How long are you going to continue spewing this garbage? It's getting really old really fast.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 11-15-11 at 10:59 AM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #50
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: How long before media finds Gingrich scandal to report on?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    How long are you going to continue spewing this garbage? It's getting really old really fast.
    Can you be specific to what "garbage" you don't agree with? The one about falwell or founders.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •