View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 96 of 183 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #951
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Quick question, because this "state's rights vs slavery" thing is always fought over incessantly. Were the seceding states fighting to secure any rights other than the right to own other people?
    they were fighting for the right to secede..in order to protect their right to own people.

    but of course, they had NO regard for the property rights of others, as they attacked Ft. Sumter without provocation.

  2. #952
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Okay, then tell me what's wrong with it. I've given you my honest reasons.
    Nobody has argued that fighting against the American government is treason as he has said we/I have. His entire post is false.

  3. #953
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Quick question, because this "state's rights vs slavery" thing is always fought over incessantly. Were the seceding states fighting to secure any rights other than the right to own other people?
    Self government.....

    New Jersey didn't get rid of slaves until 1865........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #954
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Self government.....

    New Jersey didn't get rid of slaves until 1865........
    um..only 18.

  5. #955
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    um..only 18.
    Your point?

    There were "only" over 10 THOUSAND free black men in North Carolina in 1861.....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #956
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Your point?

    There were "only" over 10 THOUSAND free black men in North Carolina in 1861.....
    Thats because there were more black people because of slavery.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #957
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Nobody has argued that fighting against the American government is treason as he has said we/I have. His entire post is false.
    People have in fact made that point here in the thread. So again, where was he wrong?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #958
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Thats because there were more black people because of slavery.
    You missed the key word....

    FREE

    FREE

    FREE

    If they were such "racists" that folks needed to engage in armed conflict with to end their "racism" then why were there any free blacks?


    Are you aware that there were only 14 THOUSAND slave owners in North Carolina in 1861 and 10 THOUSAND Free Black men?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #959
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The fort was federal property in the same way that if you buy a house that is your property. You're basically defending South Carolina's right to seize property that they want without any recompense to the owners. When somebody says they fired the first shots, the comeback is "We asked nicely first." Asked nicely to illegally seize property?
    Can we legally build a US army fort in the middle of The People's Republic of China and then occupy it without their consent? Why weren't the Dutch, Spanish and British allowed to keep and occupy their forts within US territory after the US was formed and our boundaries established? Do you realize how absurd your argument here is?


    By the way, to add to my response to your first line, ever hear of Eminent Domain?
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 11-18-11 at 01:24 AM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  10. #960
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    And what did the North think was going to happen when they maintained a fort on southern property?
    From the northern POV it was a United States fort on United States soil.

    My comment was in reply to the farce of "the South wasn't looking for a fight." They didn't want a fight, so they moved their cannons into a position where they could fire on Ft. Sumter....it just doesn't follow logically. Even if they were moving into a position where they could defend themselves, they obviously saw that a fight would be necessary.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •