View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 92 of 183 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #911
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why the racism?
    Hick isnt racist.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  2. #912
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    No. Secession is unconstitutional. This has been proven time and time again. That means any state.
    Yes, you've now repeated this fallacy around 463 times in this one thread with nothing in the Constitution to back your assertion; therefore I'm certain that it must be true by now.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #913
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What do you think Al Gore Sr.? Afterall, he voted against the Civil Rights Act.
    I don't know much about him but im guessing he was a typical southern democrat. Let me teach you some US history. The republican party used to be the liberal/progressive party and the democratic party used to be the conservative/racist one. The parties realigned and all the racists like goerge wallace, strom thurmond, jessie hlems, became republicans. Rember the democratic solid south. After the civil rights act it became the republican solid south.

    Realigning election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  4. #914
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Yes, you've now repeated this fallacy around 463 times in this one thread with nothing in the Constitution to back your assertion; therefore I'm certain that it must be true by now.
    Go look at the past few pages where i gave my rationale.
    Last edited by 99percenter; 11-17-11 at 06:18 PM.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  5. #915
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Yes. He isnt a hick like you want him to be. Attended Harvard. Won a nobel prize. Those are characteristics that are frowned upon in the south.
    Well no Nobel Prize isn't really all that great anymore... they hand that **** out these days. I just think your a hateful lil punk.

  6. #916
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Hick isnt racist.
    I'm sure you weren't talking about black folks.

    Even if you're right, it's still a bigoted term that is no worse than Kraut, Kike, Greaser, Dego, Coonass or WOP, all derogatory terms used to describe white cultures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #917
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why the racism?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm sure you weren't talking about black folks.

    Even if you're right, it's still a bigoted term that is no worse than Kraut, Kike, Greaser, Dego, Coonass or WOP, all derogatory terms used to describe white cultures.
    "hick"...is an ethnic slur? for which ethnicity??
    Last edited by Thunder; 11-17-11 at 06:21 PM.

  8. #918
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Secession was always illegal. The south new what they were doing was illegal. You cannnot seize federal property. If china came and said all right we are going to take away florida form you guys would you say its legal. Same thing happened during the civil war. Insurgents tried to steal american property. That's unacceptable.
    Is it even possible that someone could be this ignorant of historical fact and still be posting after 90 pages? I think you may have broken some form of thread tardation record here. I'll check in the Hall of Records and get back to you on this......*sighs*........only in America.

    Note to self: I'll probably get some form of Mod warning for this, but occasionally, you've just got to "take one for the team"
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 11-17-11 at 06:22 PM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #919
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Go look at the past few pages where i gave my rationale.
    Is this what's passing for "rationale" these days................propaganda, unsubstantiated rhetoric, and prejudicial opinions? Man, are we in trouble.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  10. #920
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I don't know much about him but im guessing he was a typical southern democrat. Let me teach you some US history. The republican party used to be the liberal/progressive party and the democratic party used to be the conservative/racist one. The parties realigned and all the racists like goerge wallace, strom thurmond, jessie hlems, became republicans. Rember the democratic solid south. After the civil rights act it became the republican solid south.

    Realigning election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Al Gore Jr. is a Libbo, but his dad wasn't?

    No, actually that's another one of those Left wing lies, that the Republicans used to be the, "Progressives". Margaret Sanger was a progressive and a Democrat. FDR was a progressive and a Democrat. Joe McCarthy was a Republican long before the Civil Rights Acts were passed and ya'll still bitch about he was an, "evil Republican"--I so love when ya'll try to claim he was the chair of the HUAC...LOL!!!

    You historical facts just don't add up. There's a good reason for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •