View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 67 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #661
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,142

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    A little thing I like to call history.

    Also the rest of your post does absolutely nothing to contradict my point.
    Let's see some sources. Without them, the rest of my post does nothing but contradict you.

    Hint: you're not right, just because you say you are. You kinda sorta need something to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #662
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 08:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It was on US land.
    In which one of the united states was it in?

  3. #663
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,142

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In so much that they lived on the continent of America. Their attempt, however, was to be recognized as NOT "American" in regard to being a citizen of the United States of America. They renounced that and set upon their revolution. They lost, and thus were not recognized as autonomous and sovereign.
    Yeah, I guess that's why they called it the Confederate States of America. Because they didn't want to be, "Americans".
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #664
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,142

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    South Carolina fired the first shots. You can look it up.
    They fired the first shots in reaction to a Federal occupation.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #665
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,142

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Wasn't the Confederacy founded on property rights? What gave South Carolina the right to take United States military property?
    Because U.S. military installations were on Confederate soil.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #666
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,430

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They fired the first shots in reaction to a Federal occupation.
    You mean the US Army occupying their property? The gall....

    We've been over this. South Carolina seceding did not represent transfer of title to Ft. Sumter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  7. #667
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,142

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Yes, it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #668
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,430

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because U.S. military installations were on Confederate soil.
    Still going back to the "We wanted it, therefore it is ours."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  9. #669
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centinel View Post
    In which one of the united states was it in?
    There was only one United States.

  10. #670
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see some sources. Without them, the rest of my post does nothing but contradict you.

    Hint: you're not right, just because you say you are. You kinda sorta need something to back it up.
    I've already posted many sources today. If you're interested you can find them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •