View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 61 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Translation: Property rights don't mean **** if we want it.
    Bull****. Translation: It was in the south... And south also payed taxes. So therefore it was southern property. Not our fault the gubament put their **** on the souths land.

  2. #602
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually, yes. Can you show me when the United States gave up property rights?
    Look back a page or so for the Gitmo analogy.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #603
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No, property rights don't mean **** if you don't OWN the property any longer.
    When did the US decide they didn't own it?

  4. #604
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No, property rights don't mean **** if you don't OWN the property any longer.

    When did the military sell it or relinquish it?

    Just because South Carolina seceded didn't mean it wasn't their lawful property anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually, you don't, but I can see that you're more interested in posturing and insulting than actually using logic. Suit yourself.
    You read many of the founders writing, have you? You clearly haven't even bothered to look at even one. Pick whatever one you want and you are wrong.



    The Confederate states committed treason by the definition in the Constitution. The end.
    And that is? The introduction? Where exactly does it even imply what you are claiming? Still haven't shown me what you mean by the definition.

  6. #606
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually, yes. Can you show me when the United States gave up property rights? I don't recall the government ever signing that contract.
    It was in South Carolina.

  7. #607
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    Bull****. Translation: It was in the south... And south also payed taxes. So therefore it was southern property. Not our fault the gubament put their **** on the souths land.
    Where does it say that in the Constitution?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #608
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes it was. If Cuba decides to end the lease of Guantanimo bay it is no longer U.S. territory. That is the most accurate analogy of the Fort Sumter issue, when the south said GTFO the fort was no longer within federal territory. I don't understand how people can't understand that. Or is it Won't?
    Cuba and the US were separate countries when they entered the contract. The US and the CSA were the same country. That is a very very false analogy.

    So again, when did the US give up property rights? Never.

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    When did the military sell it or relinquish it?

    Just because South Carolina seceded didn't mean it wasn't their lawful property anymore.
    Hey you do know the south payed taxes right? Aren't they guaranteed their fair share? And since its in their land. Its rightfully theirs.

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    When did the military sell it or relinquish it?

    Just because South Carolina seceded didn't mean it wasn't their lawful property anymore.
    It kinda does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •