View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 51 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #501
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The claims I made are obvious and without fail, it does fall under the tenth. You need to show me evidence I failed somewhere. You are doing nothing but what you usually do. The courts are right, and you are wrong. That is not logic, its bull****. It doesn't matter how many times you do it, it is always going to be a poor excuse of an argument.
    Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869)
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #502
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The act fell and still does fall under the tenth amendment. The courting ruling that it didn't was in the interest of the union that just waged an illegal war that killed thousands of people.
    You're missing the ultimate point of the Constitution. It was written to establish governing principles of a nation, not as an alliance between nations.

    You are showing disrespect for the Constitution by saying that it basically carries the same weight as Kim Kardashian's wedding vows.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869)
    That is the court case I was referencing yes. The argument that the phrase "to form a more perfect union" could be used as a case against the action taken by the south is a joke, then and now.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You're missing the ultimate point of the Constitution. It was written to establish governing principles of a nation, not as an alliance between nations.
    It was formed to establish the governing powers of the members of the union.

    You are showing disrespect for the Constitution by saying that it basically carries the same weight as Kim Kardashian's wedding vows.
    It does. If the love is gone the commit can be broken.

  5. #505
    Educator snilloctjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso, TX USA
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    648

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Teamosil: "Succession is basically overthrowing the government in one part of the country." The word is Secession, not succession
    Silent sobs
    Invisible tears
    Life enveloped
    in unspoken fears.

  6. #506
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    My opinion is an informed opinion, but since you disagree with it, you call it political correctness and since LMR disagrees with it, he tries to make it a regional issue (even though many people in his region agree with me).


    Please, tell us where you got your information from.

    The problem with both of you is that you are denying the flags history and only taking into account it's present meaning to many Southerners. I take both into account recognizing that it still retains it's history while also taking on the new meanings Southerners have given it over time.
    No, I've been trying to educate you on the flag's history for some time. You refuse to listen to the facts.

    Fact #1: The Battle Flag was used as an identifier for Confederate units, whose ranks comprised of men who didn't own slaves and weren't motivated to serve in the Confederate army to preserve slavery.

    Fact#2: Less than 1% of all Confederate officers and soldiers owned slaves. If the war was just about slavery, that would mean that every single soldier serving in the Confederate army and navy volunteered for no other reason, than to perserve slavery and that just ain't so.

    Fact#3: The Stars and Stripes represented a country that allowed the existance of the institution of slavery alot longer than the Confederacy did, yet we don't hear anyone saying anything about that, which smacks of hypocrisy.

    Fact#4: There was a very large and powerful abolitionist movement in England and England had all but officially abolished slavery by the time the Declaration of Independence was signed. There's evidence that the colonies saw this coming and slavery may have been one of the motivations for the Rev-War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #507
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    But that's the thing. Those who fly the Confederate flag today are Americans. They are living in one country and flying the flag of another.
    The folks living in the Confederate States were Americans, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #508
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeah... and screw those mexicans for doing it too....
    But...but...but...that's different!!

    Now that you mention it, there should be a movement by the Libbos to remove the medicine shield from the Oklahoma state flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #509
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Please, tell us where you got your information from.
    A little thing I like to call history.

    Also the rest of your post does absolutely nothing to contradict my point.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The folks living in the Confederate States were Americans, too.
    In so much that they lived on the continent of America. Their attempt, however, was to be recognized as NOT "American" in regard to being a citizen of the United States of America. They renounced that and set upon their revolution. They lost, and thus were not recognized as autonomous and sovereign.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •