View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 164 of 183 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1631
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Another unrelated and irrelevant point. Bodi liked it again and we can now add Caine to the list of unrelated/irrelevant point likers.

    The entire point that Caine and others have been making is that African slaves were cheap labor relative to other potential slaves and other types of labor. I responded to that by agreeing with their take on the cheapness of slaves within that context. It's funny you didn't respond to them with this point. You, Caine and Bodi's biases are really showing.
    In the 30 pages or so that I have been here I have thanked each of them 4 or 5 times each I think... I have also thanked Phys who was debating against me. How is that bias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #1632
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Now this is an honest answer I can respond to. I agree that fitness was probably the largest factor. It's an obvious trait that many Africans had that made them more able to perform the labor than many other potential slaves. But then at the same time, the location made it very easy to bring slaves over to America, so that's another factor. There were other factors as well and I include race among them because documents from that era show white speaking about the inferiority of Africans. If you don't include race, then we'll just have to disagree, but I still do in addition to the other factors like money, location and physical ability.
    It's impossible to place race as a contributing factor, after admitting that money, location and physical ability were the leading factors. If those same factors exsited for a white culture, they could have just as easily been enslaved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1633
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Touche'. That's pretty embarrassing for me.
    Actaully, it speak highly of you when you like one of my posts. It should ba badge of honor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1634
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Originally Posted by theplaydrive
    Meh, I disagree. I've learned that it was more like "Hey, Africans are cheap, inferior, conveniently located and physically able to handle the labor, let's enslave them". You and Caine are trying to reduce slavery and it's start to money alone and that simplification is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It costs money to enslave, transport, feed, house, etc slaves... so what other motive would those in the slave trade/business have had for enslaving people then genuis?
    Any reason you are not addressing this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #1635
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The folly of all this is your inability to recognize the simplicity of a minor point
    Every point you've made in this thread is something I already dealt with days before you posted here. Why do you keep ignoring this fact? My earlier responses to your points when they were made by others were simple and respectful because the people who made them were respectful. You made your points arrogantly and I responded to what you put out. You get what you give. Sorry.

  6. #1636
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actaully, it speak highly of you when you like one of my posts. It should ba badge of honor!
    Yeah, I'll take your word for it.

  7. #1637
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Any reason you are not addressing this post?
    Because I didn't see it.

    And now I'm not going to answer it because it ends with a personal attack. Oh well.

  8. #1638
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yeah, I'll take your word for it.
    You joined a long and distinguished list of people who recognize my brilliance. Be proud of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1639
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Because I didn't see it.

    And now I'm not going to answer it because it ends with a personal attack. Oh well.
    Wait! Now you are complaining about personal attacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1640
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,082

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Shhhhh! The grown-ups are talking!
    You would not have lasted thirty seconds in an actual collegiate debate spewing inane nonsense such as that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •