View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 150 of 183 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1491
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The stars and stripes are symbol of treason, slavery, and racism....

    Those ****ing Americans..... Enslaving black people and turning against thier own country...
    Committing genocide against the first Americans too... Separate But Equal (Legalized Segragation)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1492
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No, you tried to be clever and failed. It's okay.
    Confederate Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...

    American Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1493
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    unlike the rebellion and formation of the Confederate States of America, the United States of America did not rebel over slavery nor did it form over the deep desire to preserve the right to own other human beings.
    That is not the point... the point is what the symbol of the flag REPRESENTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is not the point... the point is what the symbol of the flag REPRESENTS.
    the flag represents a nation that rebelled & seceded in order to preserve slavery.

  5. #1495
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the flag represents a nation that rebelled & seceded in order to preserve slavery.
    You are missing the point. Caine was comparing aspects of what the flags REPRESENT.

    BOTH FLAGS REPRESENT people that committed treason, supported slavery and were racist to their core.

    His point is perfect. You can do what you do best though... continue to create Straw Man and inaccurate arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You are missing the point. Caine was comparing aspects of what the flags REPRESENT.

    BOTH FLAGS REPRESENT people that committed treason, supported slavery and were racist to their core.

    His point is perfect. You can do what you do best though... continue to create Straw Man and inaccurate arguments.
    the USA did not declare independence from the British, in order to insure the unimpeded continuation of slavery in the 13 colonies.

    however, the CSA did secede, just for that reason. To make sure slavery continued unimpeded in the South.

  7. #1497
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the USA did not declare independence from the British, in order to insure the unimpeded continuation of slavery in the 13 colonies.

    however, the CSA did secede, just for that reason. To make sure slavery continued unimpeded in the South.
    You are creating a different argument for only reasons that you are aware of, I'm sure. Good luck with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1498
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Confederate Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...

    American Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...
    What is this? You're really starting to worry me.

  9. #1499
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,768

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What is this? You're really starting to worry me.
    No argument as usual?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1500
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,705

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well there is a counter argument. I hope you can do better in the future. It is also interesting that you continue with the precedent nonsense. You should really learn how it used in the courts before saying any more nonsense, but I assume you will just continue on as if you aren't making yourself look stupid.
    I'll be glad to when the trollish comments stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I'm bored with this now particularly since you just accused me of not giving you a direct answer after giving you a direct answer. All you need to know is in this thread. If you want my answers, look for them.
    The sympathizers haven't given direct answers because, quite frankly, I don't think they want to admit what those direct answers are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Confederate Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...

    American Flag is flag of people:
    Of existing country wanting to form their own country, thus committing treason by rebelling...
    That supported slavery against others that wanted slavery made illegal or were it was illegal...
    That supported institutionalized racism against others that were against institutionalized racism...
    Well now you've brought up something that we can actually debate. There are similarities and differences between the formation of America and the formation of the Confederacy. But I believe that the motives for forming the Confederacy were far, far more sinister. That is a major reason why I have taken the stance that I have.

    That being said, your second paragraph is a strawman. Slavery hardly entered the picture of why the Colonies wanted to secede from Britain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is not the point... the point is what the symbol of the flag REPRESENTS.
    It's awfully hard to argue that it's not treason.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •