View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 148 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1471
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It goes back further than that. The articles are a very condensed version.
    Okay...but they're still quite clear.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  2. #1472
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Okay...but they're still quite clear.
    That is true, the problem is that when they speak of other abuses those trying to make the "slavery only" argument like to point to it's prominence within the articles, they conveniently omit that the prominence came because slavery was the last issue, not the only one.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #1473
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,994

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Well, if you had read the thread instead of posting in it before doing so (as I've continually warned you you've done), you would know that I changed my opinion on that and a few other things during its course.
    1. I have read the thread as it pertains to me and my conversations. Are you seriously suggesting that every person read every post when talking with you so that they might, just might, get a glimpse of something that you say regarding a conversation with them?

    2. Wrong. You warned me once, not continually.

    3. I asked you a direct question and you have provided an elusive answer after being asked twice... well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #1474
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Let's turn things around a little: is the Confederate flag a symbol of patriotism for and loyalty to, the United States?
    Hell no. HELL no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Precedent is a horrible idea, and its by itself is NOT legally binding, idiot. It is the court cases decisions themselves that is LEGALLY binding, you ****ing dullard. Second, people have argued against court opinions, and in extension their decisions since the beginning of the country. Hell, Madison himself, the ****ing author disputed a decision in his time. A decision even got a court justice removed because of how unfounded it was. Maybe you should learn your history for a change instead of just parroting bull**** with no real basis?

    As for Playdrive demanding referencing, he can read the federalist papers or any other paper written on the topic, the clauses, etc by the founders. He is a dullard, just like you.
    trolololololol

    Quote Originally Posted by Centinel View Post
    Not much. As you say, there are restrictions placed on member states in article I. If I miss your point, what is it?
    States are not required to forbid murder and arson. Therefore, it is constitutional for them to allow it.

    Yes, that is in the nature of a sovereign state. Any sovereign state could make murder legal. However, I'm not sure how many sovereign states in the world actually make murder and rape legal.
    Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and a few other sovereign nations come to mind.

    On the grounds that it is absurd for the states' agent to be the judge of exactly what power it has over the states that created it. Also, their decision is not based on any of the enumerated powers delegated to the federation by the states.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Doesn't do a damn thing to change the facts.

    Were dissolved and are no longer applicable.
    De facto, yes. As a matter of precedent, not entirely. Precedent is a funny thing. Unless it were completely rewritten as an insanely massive document, there is no possible way that the Constitution could be expected to cover every explicit little possible violation of loyalty to the Union. So the precedent was established by the Supreme Court that leaving the Union constitutes disloyalty to the Union.

    Correct, every state in the union, per their agreement, must maintain a republican form of government. This restriction only applies to states actually in the union, not states that are not members of the union.
    Maintaining said government by default requires staying in the Union.

    At the request of the governor of a state.
    According to what paragraph?

    Or perhaps the commerce clause...
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    So, which rights and priveleges granted by the first ten amendments initially applied to Blacks ? (at the time that these amendments were added)
    Oh, and when you're done listing them, please provide some credible evidence. This should be good.
    None that I can find. Why? Again, precedent. That's why the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments were needed.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #1475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    trolololololol
    Well there is a counter argument. I hope you can do better in the future. It is also interesting that you continue with the precedent nonsense. You should really learn how it used in the courts before saying any more nonsense, but I assume you will just continue on as if you aren't making yourself look stupid.

  6. #1476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    1. I have read the thread as it pertains to me and my conversations. Are you seriously suggesting that every person read every post when talking with you so that they might, just might, get a glimpse of something that you say regarding a conversation with them?

    2. Wrong. You warned me once, not continually.

    3. I asked you a direct question and you have provided an elusive answer after being asked twice... well done.
    I'm bored with this now particularly since you just accused me of not giving you a direct answer after giving you a direct answer. All you need to know is in this thread. If you want my answers, look for them.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 11-23-11 at 12:44 AM.

  7. #1477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That is true, the problem is that when they speak of other abuses those trying to make the "slavery only" argument like to point to it's prominence within the articles, they conveniently omit that the prominence came because slavery was the last issue, not the only one.
    I think I'm the only one who has directly cited South Carolina's secession declaration (and the one who brought it up in this specific instance), so your comments are mainly directed at me which means that they aren't accurate for a single reason: I haven't made this a "slavery only" issue and most other people haven't either.

    When are you going to start talking about people's actual arguments instead of distorted versions of them?

  8. #1478
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I think I'm the only one who has directly cited South Carolina's secession declaration (and the one who brought it up in this specific instance), so your comments are mainly directed at me which means that they aren't accurate for a single reason: I haven't made this a "slavery only" issue and most other people haven't either.

    When are you going to start talking about people's actual arguments instead of distorted versions of them?
    Actually I didn't know you cited them, I must have missed it. I was sure some others brought them up here, but they've been used in the past as well in the civil war debate.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #1479
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Actually I didn't know you cited them, I must have missed it. I was sure some others brought them up here, but they've been used in the past as well in the civil war debate.
    \

    EDIT- TPD is excluded from my statement because he did not use that argument I was referencing.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #1480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    \

    EDIT- TPD is excluded from my statement because he did not use that argument I was referencing.
    Thanks.

    ------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •