View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 131 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1301
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The Confederate Flag is simply a symbol of the South... of Dixie. It is about being proud of that fact.

    Don't make more of it is than it actually is... we have enough real problems in the world without manufacturing them.
    Oh I see, so only Southerners can have a valid opinion of the Confederate Flag. I think not.

    It's a symbol of treason, slavery and racism in addition to a symbol of people's history, states' rights and whatever else.

  2. #1302
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Oh I see, so only Southerners can have a valid opinion of the Confederate Flag. I think not.

    It's a symbol of treason, slavery and racism in addition to a symbol of people's history, states' rights and whatever else.
    No one is saying that, but it would be a huge breath of fresh air for you to have an informed opinion.

    Thirteen hundred posts in this thread and the, "ya'll all be racists", crowd still hasn't posted a single source of documentation to support their point of view.

    And, no matter what Haymarket thinks, YahooAnswers isn't a source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one is saying that, but it would be a huge breath of fresh air for you to have an informed opinion.
    I do have an informed an opinion. Sorry that my information doesn't come from revisionist textbooks.

  4. #1304
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I do have an informed an opinion. Sorry that my information doesn't come from revisionist textbooks.
    I would love to see where you information does come from, because so far, you haven't shown us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would love to see where you information does come from, because so far, you haven't shown us.
    I've actually spent the majority of this thread posting information exclusively from primary sources including 3-4 Supreme Court rulings, statements/proclamations from presidents and Supreme Court Justices, certain Statements of Secession, the Constitution and various sources from the Civil War era. If you would love to see my information all you have to do is search my posts to this thread and all you'll find is primary sources. Perhaps you should really just start paying attention since that's pretty much all I've posted.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 11-21-11 at 07:43 PM.

  6. #1306
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I've actually spent the majority of this thread posting information exclusively from primary sources including 3-4 Supreme Court rulings, statements/proclamations from presidents, the Constitution and various sources from the Civil War era. If you would love to see my information all you have to do is search my posts to this thread and all you'll find is primary sources. Perhaps you should really just start paying attention.
    Bro! You haven't posted a single piece of primary source documentation that supports your point. Hell, you haven't posted any primary source documentation, at all. I would be surprised as hell to find out that you even know what primary source documentation is.

    So, get on with posting your links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #1307
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Here's the deal. A symbol can be different for different people.

    The flag most certainly has meant racism, treason, slavery etc. to people in history - both in the Civil War era and more recent times. One can consider a symbol of something else, if you want. But it's been hijacked by the racists (much like the Nazis hijacked the swastika) and now you use it at your peril. A new symbol might be a good idea.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #1308
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Here's the deal. A symbol can be different for different people.

    The flag most certainly has meant racism, treason, slavery etc. to people in history - both in the Civil War era and more recent times. One can consider a symbol of something else, if you want. But it's been hijacked by the racists (much like the Nazis hijacked the swastika) and now you use it at your peril. A new symbol might be a good idea.
    I say no to finding a new symbol and to explain that. The PC crowd which lives under perpetual offense likes to designate what can and cannot be expressed in "polite company" they've decided what my culture means. I would rather have people give me a dirty look than give those pieces of trash one more victory. The racists most certainly have flown Dixie in less than noble fashion, I would rather kick them down the stairs than give them the power to take over and bastardize the meaning of my heritage. To accomplish both I say fly the flag with honor and dignity and tell those who don't or won't get it to find another hobby.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #1309
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I say no to finding a new symbol and to explain that. The PC crowd which lives under perpetual offense likes to designate what can and cannot be expressed in "polite company" they've decided what my culture means. I would rather have people give me a dirty look than give those pieces of trash one more victory. The racists most certainly have flown Dixie in less than noble fashion, I would rather kick them down the stairs than give them the power to take over and bastardize the meaning of my heritage. To accomplish both I say fly the flag with honor and dignity and tell those who don't or won't get it to find another hobby.
    Goddamn! That's a great post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1310
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Bro! You haven't posted a single piece of primary source documentation that supports your point. Hell, you haven't posted any primary source documentation, at all. I would be surprised as hell to find out that you even know what primary source documentation is.

    So, get on with posting your links.
    So you didn't search my posts. Thank you for wasting my time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •