View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 125 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Okay, I just read the entire article that you hyperlinked. EXACTLY where does it say ANYTHING about the US "reeducating" Germans and "breaking their nationalistic spines." In fact, it does not mention reeducaton or the deNazification program at all, does it? You are either a blatant liar or you are not very good at this whole debating thing.
    You're right, I should have picked a better source. Try good old wikipedia:

    Denazification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #1242
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Starving people out medieval-style is condonable? Well hey then. Lemme go pull a Timothy McVeigh, but it'll be in the dead of night, so it won't kill anyone (except a janitor or two) and therefore it's not terrorism.


    To think, I almost missed this one. "Starving people out medieval-style" really? There are only 3 possibilities here: (1) You REALLY are this dumb (2) You're stoned or (3) You enjoy propagandizing and propagating fallacy. So, which is it?

    Dude, it was a two-and-a-half-day "siege". And to answer my own original question......there were four casualties. One Union artillerist was killed and three wounded (one mortally) when a cannon exploded prematurely while firing a salute during the evacuation on April 14. Get some rest champ, come back and play when the drunken stupor has worn off.
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 11-20-11 at 02:03 AM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #1243
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You're right, I should have picked a better source. Try good old wikipedia:

    Denazification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I did. Keep reading past the introductory paragraph and see what your wiki article even says about the overall success of denazification.

    I feel sorry for you really. So filled with angst and so short-changed in your educational experience. I can tell by your posts that you seem to have only received the "drive-by media" version of history. Shame.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #1244
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Yeah, we're getting beat alright--by a bunch of revisionists who can't support a thing they say!

    Sorry, but those views have no place in an AMERICAN school.



    This is one of the most retarded things I have heard around here in weeks. How in the ****ing hell did winning the Civil War result in TSA pat-downs???



    I'm sorry, is that a threat? I am not retracting my accusation of racism. You claim that the South lost liberty because it lost the Civil War, yet by the very same token, Blacks GAINED some liberty, and you mourn that? Racism.



    And I'm sure you think that's just a coincidence. Would you like to go ahead and argue that the 13th Amendment impedes on our freedom?



    Man these lies are getting good, somebody pass me some popcorn! Reconstruction caused the KKK. LMAO, what's next, it also caused the Berlin Wall?

    Oh and yes I know which state you're referring to. Illinois, primarily--and totally coincidentally--the Southern part.



    That happens in a war. Had the South simply modernized their economy like the North did, there is a real chance that this whole fiasco could have been avoided.



    Bullcrap they can. And don't give me any 10th Amendment BS, either. Texas v. White shut that tripe down real quick. What the Confederacy did was high treason, pure and simple.



    Damn straight it was--by the South! Nobody has a right to fly any flag higher than the Stars and Stripes on US soil. To do so is to show contempt for the United States of America. THAT is what the Confederate flags mean to me: Contempt for the United States of America. And that is why I despise them.
    I skimmed this. You don't have a basic understanding of the points I have made or you are dismissing them. And frankly I don't feel like explaining the history that is so in depth in that. If you don't see it whatever.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #1245
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    To think, I almost missed this one. "Starving people out medieval-style" really? There are only 3 possibilities here: (1) You REALLY are this dumb (2) You're stoned or (3) You enjoy propagandizing and propagating fallacy. So, which is it?

    Dude, it was a two-and-a-half-day "siege". And to answer my own original question......there were four casualties. One Union artillerist was killed and three wounded (one mortally) when a cannon exploded prematurely while firing a salute during the evacuation on April 14. Get some rest champ, come back and pay when he drunken stupor has worn off.
    Ah, a revisionist is trying to educate someone about telling the truth. I guess all that build-up from the prior winter really didn't count. (The exact date of the beginning of the siege is hard to pin down, but 2.5 days before the battle is absurdly low.) Of course, we all know the South was benevolent, what with their hostile takeover of all the federal property on Charleston's shores, because that was legal, because the Constitution says so. I'd like to see a state even TRY that today!

    So, since I answered your question, I'd like you to answer mine: If I pull a Timothy McVeigh in the middle of the night, is that not terrorism as long as it doesn't kill anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    I did. Keep reading past the introductory paragraph and see what your wiki article even says about the overall success of denazification.

    I feel sorry for you really. So filled with angst and so short-changed in your educational experience. I can tell by your posts that you seem to have only received the "drive-by media" version of history. Shame.
    Are you even going to make a salient point, or are you just going to continue the childish flaming? If your position is so strong, let's hear some real, unadulterated facts. I'll call a truce if you can do that. Until then, how can you believe you're debating if you haven't even offered something worthy of debate?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #1246
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I skimmed this. You don't have a basic understanding of the points I have made or you are dismissing them. And frankly I don't feel like explaining the history that is so in depth in that. If you don't see it whatever.
    0-for-2. Keep trying, Confederate sympathizers, you'll make a salient point if you just keep trying!
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #1247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    0-for-2. Keep trying, Confederate sympathizers, you'll make a salient point if you just keep trying!
    You scored it wrong sir.

  8. #1248
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Ah, a revisionist is trying to educate someone about telling the truth. I guess all that build-up from the prior winter really didn't count. (The exact date of the beginning of the siege is hard to pin down, but 2.5 days before the battle is absurdly low.) Of course, we all know the South was benevolent, what with their hostile takeover of all the federal property on Charleston's shores, because that was legal, because the Constitution says so. I'd like to see a state even TRY that today!
    Is there an actual point in all this nonsense you just posted?

    So, since I answered your question, I'd like you to answer mine: If I pull a Timothy McVeigh in the middle of the night, is that not terrorism as long as it doesn't kill anyone?
    Listen up, I'm not going to even charge you for this one. This is what we call a "Red Herring" fallacy. What does McVeigh even remotely have to do with what occurred at Fort Sumter 150 years ago? How can we even make a comparison?



    Are you even going to make a salient point, or are you just going to continue the childish flaming? If your position is so strong, let's hear some real, unadulterated facts. I'll call a truce if you can do that. Until then, how can you believe you're debating if you haven't even offered something worthy of debate?
    I don't have to..........your wiki link proved my point for me. Thanks for that.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #1249
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    You scored it wrong sir.
    Even though I was referring to the previous two posters, that may be. It's hard to keep track of all the lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Is there an actual point in all this nonsense you just posted?

    Listen up, I'm not going to even charge you for this one. This is what we call a "Red Herring" fallacy. What does McVeigh even remotely have to do with what occurred at Fort Sumter 150 years ago? How can we even make a comparison?



    I don't have to..........your wiki link proved my point for me. Thanks for that.
    Right back at you.

    Timothy McVeigh: Had he killed nobody, would that have still been terrorism, yes or no?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  10. #1250
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Right back at you.
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Really?

    Timothy McVeigh: Had he killed nobody, would that have still been terrorism, yes or no?
    You just keep dealing in hypotheticals and I will stick with documented history, mkay?

    Some parting advice.........go read a few books, stay off of wiki and google for awhile , and get yourself a new perspective on history. G'night champ.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •