View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 108 of 183 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1071
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    What makes me giggle is rednecks thinking that claiming federal property as their own is legal. The pro slavery insurgents had no right to claim sovereign american land as their own.
    Real men don't "giggle". This one statement speaks volumes regarding you sonny boy.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #1072
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    calling people rednecks & hicks is not bigotry, as it is an attack based on people's views & agenda.
    So, you're basically saying that there is a difference between black people and niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1073
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no, it is not racism.
    ... yeah.. it's not racism... it just a historically derogatory name for southern poor white people... and we all know calling white people names isn't racism.

  4. #1074
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you're basically saying that there is a difference between black people and niggers.
    please do not express such racist views in this thread.

  5. #1075
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ... yeah.. it's not racism... it just a historically derogatory name for southern poor white people... and we all know calling white people names isn't racism.
    he wasn't using the term to describe poor white people.

    he was using the term to describe white racists who apologize for slavery.

  6. #1076
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    calling people rednecks & hicks is not bigotry, as it is an attack based on people's views & agenda.
    you can rationalize his/your bigotry as you deem fit... you won't be the first or last to do so.

  7. #1077
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    was the USA formed out of a political movement that sought to protect the right to own human beings?
    Evidently it was at least ONE of the political principles that the USA was founded upon (whether intentionally or unintentionally) because the founders certainly didn't make statehood/nationhood contingent upon abolition. The majority of the Revolutionary Fathers and Founders were slave-holders as well.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #1078
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    was the USA formed out of a political movement that sought to protect the right to own human beings?
    When you consider that England was on it's way to abolish slaves, it could be argued that that is exactly what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1079
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When you consider that England was on it's way to abolish slaves, it could be argued that that is exactly what happened.
    slavery ended in Britain in 1799...not 1776.

    meanwhile, did the USA form out of a political desire to keep slavery legal? no, it did not.

    however, the CSA was formed in order to preserve slavery.

  10. #1080
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you can rationalize his/your bigotry as you deem fit... you won't be the first or last to do so.
    and yet, you have failed to condemn the use of the word "nigger", in this thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •