View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 107 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1061
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ironic......
    yeah... come after me and stay silent while he calls people rednecks and hicks..... you tacit approval of his bigotry is unsurprising.

  2. #1062
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Well "hick" isn't a epithet but I'm going to guess that you won't dismiss the arguments made by people who call the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act "obamacare" as a pejorative to the president. Heck i bet you are willing to listen to people who call the president kenyan, marxist, ect... It works both ways.
    are you confused by the definition of 'dismissed"?...it means go away, we're done,don't waste your time responding to me.

  3. #1063
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,247

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    are you confused by the definition of 'dismissed"?...it means go away, we're done,don't waste your time responding to me.
    I'll keep responding to any post I like. You are well within your right to not offer a rebuttal. Usually happens when you can't make arguments based on facts instead of emotion.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  4. #1064
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I'll keep responding to any post I like. You are well within your right to not offer a rebuttal.
    yes, i suppose you are correct on both accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Usually happens when you can't make arguments based on facts instead of emotion.
    utilizing epithets is emotional in nature, not factual.

  5. #1065
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    it can be displayed by individual citizens, yes. just as the Nazi flag can be displayed by individual citizens on public grounds.

    however, schools and other govt. entities should NOT be displaying the Rebel flag, the Nazi flag, the Soviet flag, etc.
    Bravo! You conveniently danced around the part of apdst's question which pointed out that slavery existed legally for over 80 years under the Stars and Stripes..........so should we ban its display as well? Are you going to answer?

    By the way, somewhere earlier in this thread I saw someone make reference to the KKK. Anyone know which state officially had the largest # of registred KKK members(prior to the modern civil rights movement)? I'll give you a hint..........it wasn't a Southern state, nor former Confederate state.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  6. #1066
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    What makes me giggle is rednecks thinking that claiming federal property as their own is legal. The pro slavery insurgents had no right to claim sovereign american land as their own.
    That's racism. I would report it, but the last I heard racism isn't a rule violation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #1067
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's racism. I would report it, but the last I heard racism isn't a rule violation.
    no, it is not racism.

  8. #1068
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Bravo! You conveniently danced around the part of apdst's question which pointed out that slavery existed legally for over 80 years under the Stars and Stripes..........so should we ban its display as well? Are you going to answer?...
    was the USA formed out of a political movement that sought to protect the right to own human beings?

  9. #1069
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yeah... come after me and stay silent while he calls people rednecks and hicks..... you tacit approval of his bigotry is unsurprising.
    calling people rednecks & hicks is not bigotry, as it is an attack based on people's views & agenda.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no, it is not racism.
    Calling an entire white culture a, "buncha rednecks", isn't racism? Oh, wait, were you calling Southern blacks rednecks, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •