View Poll Results: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 36.73%
  • No

    56 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    6 6.12%
Page 105 of 183 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1824

Thread: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

  1. #1041
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    it can be displayed by individual citizens, yes. just as the Nazi flag can be displayed by individual citizens on public grounds.

    however, schools and other govt. entities should NOT be displaying the Rebel flag, the Nazi flag, the Soviet flag, etc.
    No one is saying that should be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1042
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one is saying that should be the case.
    I am glad we agree that Rebel flag has NO place being displayed by public institutions.

  3. #1043
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I merely pointed out that secession was decided by the people, which you claimed didn't happen.
    Wrong. You claimed that there was a referendum in ALL of the states of the CSA, to decide on secession.

    which as you know, is a lie.

  4. #1044
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    ....................... and yet you can't prove it..


    nor will he ever be able to prove such an alleged "explicit prohibition"... because one does not exist.
    he can, however, argue about implied prohibition, but not explicit.

    it's rather humorous to me that folks think the Confederate states should have followed the Constitution.. a document they just separated themselves from.
    it's akin to saying an immigrant from Zimbabwe should adhere to Zimbabwe's laws after he dissolved his Zimbabwean citizenship.
    "hey!.. you guys can't leave... the Constitution says you can't"
    "umm bro.. the Constitution doesn't count for us.. we got our own now... those are your laws, these are ours"
    "the Constitution says you can't though"
    "having a comprehension problem today?... the Constitution doesn't govern us anymore.. we bailed on it"
    "we'll take it to the supreme court then"
    " oh that's awesome... let's take it to a court who is mandated to judge us by a set of laws that do not pertain to us.. i'm sure we'll get a fair trial there!"
    " but they are the grand arbiter of the supreme law of the land..."
    " yeah.. the supreme law of the land that we just removed ourselves from..."
    " but you can't remove yourself from it.."
    "why?"
    "cuz the Constitution says you can't"
    " <facepalm>"

    makes me giggle just thinking about it....

  5. #1045
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    nor will he ever be able to prove such an alleged "explicit prohibition"... because one does not exist.
    he can, however, argue about implied prohibition, but not explicit.

    it's rather humorous to me that folks think the Confederate states should have followed the Constitution.. a document they just separated themselves from.
    it's akin to saying an immigrant from Zimbabwe should adhere to Zimbabwe's laws after he dissolved his Zimbabwean citizenship.
    "hey!.. you guys can't leave... the Constitution says you can't"
    "umm bro.. the Constitution doesn't count for us.. we got our own now... those are your laws, these are ours"
    "the Constitution says you can't though"
    "having a comprehension problem today?... the Constitution doesn't govern us anymore.. we bailed on it"
    "we'll take it to the supreme court then"
    " oh that's awesome... let's take it to a court who is mandated to judge us by a set of laws that do not pertain to us.. i'm sure we'll get a fair trial there!"
    " but they are the grand arbiter of the supreme law of the land..."
    " yeah.. the supreme law of the land that we just removed ourselves from..."
    " but you can't remove yourself from it.."
    "why?"
    "cuz the Constitution says you can't"
    " <facepalm>"

    makes me giggle just thinking about it....
    "In the end, the Army said you can't."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #1046
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    "In the end, the Army said you can't."
    that ain't no BS....

  7. #1047
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wrong. You claimed that there was a referendum in ALL of the states of the CSA, to decide on secession.

    which as you know, is a lie.
    You said there were 12 Confederate states, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1048
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You said there were 12 Confederate states, too.
    I admitted I was incorrect.

    Will you now admit that you were incorrect, when you stated that all the CSA states had a referendum on secession?

  9. #1049
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I admitted I was incorrect.

    Will you now admit that you were incorrect, when you stated that all the CSA states had a referendum on secession?
    No, because my entire point was, that the people of each state had a say in the decision to secede, which you orginally stated didn't happen.

    Whether it was a special election of secession delegates, or an outright referendum, the people voted for, or against secession. You calimed that didn't happen, at all. I blew you out of the water and now you want to keep moving the goal posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1050
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is the Confederate flag a symbol of treason?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, because my entire point was,....
    your point, is up to interpretation.

    however, your CLEAR statement was, that the states of the CSA all had a referendum on secession.

    which is of course, a lie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •