View Poll Results: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenario 1

    7 24.14%
  • Scenario 2

    4 13.79%
  • Scenario 3

    18 62.07%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

  1. #1
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Scenario 1:
    Hermann Cain has a penchant for inappropriate behavior, which is now coming back to bite him. His political rivals likely researched him and helped to bring the accusations out, but he is actually guilty of most or all of what they say he did.
    Scenario 2:
    Hermann Cain has never sexually harassed anyone, but his political rivals found numerous women from his past who have an axe to grind and are therefore willing to make false accusations against him.
    Scenario 3:
    Hermann Cain is guilty of minor sexual jabs that could be seen as inappropriate, but that would be overlooked in most workplaces. However, his political rivals have greatly exaggerated them in an attempt to bring him down.

    I'm not being sarcastic with any of these possibilities. Vote for which one you think is most likely true.
    Last edited by Luna Tick; 11-08-11 at 07:28 PM. Reason: minor grammar problem

  2. #2
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    three sounds the most realistic. but two and three are essentially the same because minor sexual jabs that do not constitute severe and pervasive activity are not sexual harassment.

    that the current complainer has two bankruptcy filings, and hired a scum bag like Gloria Alred is rather fishy



  3. #3
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    I think there is fire behind the smoke, but I have some concerns, also...

    - I am always suspect of people who hide behind attorneys. Either come forward (even with NDAs), or stay silent.

    - Sharon Bialek seems credible, but... what the hell does she need Gloria Allred for? Seriously.

    - A fifth one? Either he's was very active, and/or some are coming out of the woodwork and making stuff up for their own personal gain.

  4. #4
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    I said "scenario 3", but I do not know how minor they were. You downplayed it to "oh it was nothing and this liberal media is running with it" - just as every conservative news outlet is doing - but that is quite unfair to the women who accused him of sexual advances years ago. There is a lot of hype, no doubt about that, but it would be crass to assume that he has never done anything wrong and these woman were all being greedy.

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    three sounds the most realistic. but two and three are essentially the same because minor sexual jabs that do not constitute severe and pervasive activity are not sexual harassment.

    that the current complainer has two bankruptcy filings, and hired a scum bag like Gloria Alred is rather fishy
    Why didn't she speak out in 2004 when Cain was running for the Senate?

  6. #6
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    three sounds the most realistic. but two and three are essentially the same because minor sexual jabs that do not constitute severe and pervasive activity are not sexual harassment.

    that the current complainer has two bankruptcy filings, and hired a scum bag like Gloria Alred is rather fishy
    I don't think that is true in allot of cases. I got talked to by my supervisor because me and a friend had said "they just don't understand" talking about our wife's jokingly. A female co-worker over heard us and came out and said "I am offended by that." We had no idea what she was talking about so I asked what she meant. She literally said "they" in regards to females.

    We live in a PC crazy world, and it is getting worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #7
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Most likely option three, IMO.


    Although 2 and 3 are identical for all intents and purposes.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #8
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    This is the only way the Democrats have to attack the reputation of a black candidate. In that they have no problem with the same alleged behavior in a white president (Clinton, "the first black president") the complaints are without any doubt racially motivated. There is a slim chance that one of Cain's primary opponents have organized this. If so, in my opinion, it would have to be Perry, who I lost any respect I had for him during the debates. If I was Axelrod I would consider doing this to try to create chaos among the Republican candidates and have them pointing fingers at each other. It almost worked.

    BTW, I voted 3
    Last edited by LowRevs; 11-09-11 at 12:26 PM.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    racially motivated? bull****.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #10
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    This is the only way the Democrats have to attack the reputation of a black candidate. In that they have no problem with the same alleged behavior in a white president (Clinton, "the first black president") the complaints are without any doubt racially motivated
    Unfortunately your theory falls apart when you look at the fact that every news agency was running the Clinton scandal 24/7. How has news coverage of Cain differed from Clinton? It seems like your complaint is that Americans didn't care and continued to support Clinton. So is the majority of Americans are in a vast conspiracy to defame a black Republican? Where are you going with this because you make no sense whatsoever. Is you point that it's covered in the news and you think Clinton sex scandals were not covered? Is your point Americans gave Clinton a pass? What is your argument.

    There is a slim chance that one of Cain's primary opponents have organized this. If so, in my opinion, it would have to be Perry, who I lost any respect I had for him during the debates. If I was Axelrod I would consider doing this to try to create chaos among the Republican candidates and have them pointing fingers at each other. It almost worked.
    Axelrod did what? Got two women to file sexual harrassement claims back in the 1990's?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •