View Poll Results: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenario 1

    7 24.14%
  • Scenario 2

    4 13.79%
  • Scenario 3

    18 62.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

  1. #21
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    After the "Princess Nancy" comments, it is crystal clear Cain has a problem in the area of respecting women.

    As for how many of the allegations against him are true, I believe the two that resulted in settlements are definitely true because the ladies had no reason to believe Cain would ever be a political figure when they were made, that Sharon Bialek allegations have about a 75% chance of being true and I'm undecided as yet on the fourth.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    After the "Princess Nancy" comments, it is crystal clear Cain has a problem in the area of respecting women.
    Wait...because he said something against Nancy it is "crystal clear" he has a problem with women? How is making a jab at one women translate into him having a problem respecting women in general?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #23
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Unfortunately your theory falls apart when you look at the fact that every news agency was running the Clinton scandal 24/7. How has news coverage of Cain differed from Clinton? It seems like your complaint is that Americans didn't care and continued to support Clinton. So is the majority of Americans are in a vast conspiracy to defame a black Republican? Where are you going with this because you make no sense whatsoever. Is you point that it's covered in the news and you think Clinton sex scandals were not covered? Is your point Americans gave Clinton a pass? What is your argument.


    Axelrod did what? Got two women to file sexual harrassement claims back in the 1990's?
    Democrats are so comically incredulous when someone insinuates they might be racist or sexist. This situation is clearly deja vu Clarence Thomas who was falsely attacked by Democrats so the Republicans wouldn't have a black conservative on the court. Their action was taken to prevent a black man from achieving a position of power; racism. That presumption that inappropriate behavior toward women is typical of black men or is a weakness of blackmen is what defined this tactic. BTW, there have been no credible substantiated cases of "sexual harassment", just alleged accusations of inappropriate behavior or speech in Cain's case.

    It was Clinton's own PR who called him the first "black" president (ask Dick Morris) because of his horndog sexist behavior. That's not exactly a compliment to black men in general (ask Bill Cosby). After all, Clintons horrible behavior was well documented and wasn't just innuendo. It was well documented enough for him to be impeached for misrepreseting his actions. The democrats re-elected him because of his political successes, IMO, in spite of his disgusting behavior. Guess they weren't paying attention; those successes were actually those of Newt Gingrich's "Contract with America". I don't feel like going on forever on this but I could. More blacks should read more history. It was the democrats wearing the pointy hats and robes. It was the Republicans that went to war to free them. It's the democrats still that try to keep them dependent on the plantation government handouts.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  4. #24
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    three sounds the most realistic. but two and three are essentially the same because minor sexual jabs that do not constitute severe and pervasive activity are not sexual harassment.

    that the current complainer has two bankruptcy filings, and hired a scum bag like Gloria Alred is rather fishy
    Be that as it may, the fact that several of his accusers actually got decent money in a settlement suggests that 3 isn't as realistic as you want it to be.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #25
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    So...heres scenario WTF...

    “I can’t go any further without pointing out that it’s yet another blonde white woman who is accusing him of doing and saying things that are inappropriate,” Touré told O’Donnell, noting that this was worth mentioning because “the instinctual fear in America of black men being sexually inappropriate or aggressive or dominating with white women is very, very deep.” He did believe that this would hurt the Cain campaign because “people start to feel this on a deep level: ‘He keeps going after our women– we don’t like this!’”

    Touré: Cain Scandal Feeds Off ‘Instinctual Fear’ Of Black Men ‘Being Dominating’ With White Women | Mediaite

    MSNBC contributors losing their mind because even though Cain is black white voters are STILL supporting him...

    just...wow.

  6. #26
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    MSNBC contributors losing their mind because even though Cain is black white voters are STILL supporting him...

    just...wow.
    Not really. Cain retains support because everyone else sucks. Romney is slimy, Perry's an idiot. Gringrich has baggage only a freight train could carry. Huntsman is WAAAAAYYY to reasonable to even have a chance, Bachmann is bloody crazy. Santorum can't get off the gay bashing horse. It's not really a big guess why Cain isn't suffering as much as he should from this. The alternative choices are bad. Darkwizard for once has stated he'd rather vote for Obama then Romney. With that kind of hate, it makes sense why Cain is staying where he is.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #27
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Not really. Cain retains support because everyone else sucks. Romney is slimy, Perry's an idiot. Gringrich has baggage only a freight train could carry. Huntsman is WAAAAAYYY to reasonable to even have a chance, Bachmann is bloody crazy. Santorum can't get off the gay bashing horse. It's not really a big guess why Cain isn't suffering as much as he should from this. The alternative choices are bad. Darkwizard for once has stated he'd rather vote for Obama then Romney. With that kind of hate, it makes sense why Cain is sThtaying where he is.
    I think the whole field is lost (the best candidate is Huntsman)...Ive said before the GOP race began Obama would win reelection (and the field only reinforces that). Still...The media and GOP haters in the media are just DESPERATE for the GOP to turn on Cain and when/if THAT happens they will just absolutely flip with joy and charges of racism.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,912

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Be that as it may, the fact that several of his accusers actually got decent money in a settlement suggests that 3 isn't as realistic as you want it to be.
    Being paid off doesn't necessarily mean anything except that it was easier to settle. I'd like to know the particulars.

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Being paid off doesn't necessarily mean anything except that it was easier to settle. I'd like to know the particulars.
    Not really. If the case was truly frivolous just threatening to go to court and have the judge throw it out would be cheaper. It would be pretty cheap as the necessary work to actually file for a case you know will be tossed is far less than actually preparing for a real case. The fact they settled for real money suggests that something that wouldn't get thrown out of court happened.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,912

    Re: Which scenario regarding Hermann Cain is most likely? (see post)

    "A large corporation or government agency that is the target of a lawsuit may
    find it cheaper to settle out of court at the beginning instead of paying the
    defense cost even the cost of proving the case is frivolous."

    Covering Crime and Justice

    If you Google "frivolous lawsuits-cheaper to settle" you'll find articles ranging from medical malpractice to product liability that argue that settling is often cheaper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •