View Poll Results: Are you tired of all things OWS?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! We need 24/7 coverage until the Movement succeeds!

    20 20.00%
  • Anti-OWS, but I like arguing about it.

    7 7.00%
  • Pro-OWS, but I'm getting tired of arguing about it.

    10 10.00%
  • Anti-OWS, sick of hearing about it.

    37 37.00%
  • Not taking sides, just plain sick of it all.

    17 17.00%
  • Other/Rootebega

    9 9.00%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 263

Thread: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

  1. #41
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,424

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    I just ignore them for the most part. I run by their camp a few times a week here in KC, but for the most part they are pretty easy to just ignore. After all, its not like they are going to town halls and screaming down congressman and any legitimate questioners.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It was fun for awhile pointing out the hypocrisy of the Tea Partiers attacking OWS in the same way they bitched about being attacked(some tea partiers, not all).
    You should join me in laughing and pointing out the hypocrisy from both sides rather than just enjoying pointing at the Tea Partiers. Suddenly those that KNOW the tea party is racist because some jackass held up a sign wants to complain that people suggest OWS is anti-semetic because some jackass held up a sign about a jewish conspiracy. Suddenly those that mock anyone who declares the Tea Parties focus is on social issues because some of their members are social conservatives gets pissy when someone suggest OWS is about getting more handouts from the government because of signs and interviews coming out from people demanding handouts.

    The whole things just one giant whirlwind of hypocrisy with plenty to point and laugh about on all sides.

    Frankly I'm tired of the media coverage from both the liberal and conservative slanted media, they're both getting ridiculously stupid and are actually becoming even a parody as both sides are blazing the coverage so quickly whether then the long extended nature of it with the tea party. If coverage, pro and con, for that was an even 45 MPH for a year or so now, OWS coverage is going about 125 MPH.

    I'm definitely sick of it all.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Intersting what we notice, isn't it? You notice that the same people who liked your posts when you defended the TEA now criticizing OWS. I notice the same people that accused the TEA party of engaging in "violent rhetoric" and being potentially violent give OWS a complete pass. Really, though, what is OWS being accused of that isn't true? Are you telling me there is nothing OWS has engaged in that cannot be legitimately criticized?
    That is a good job missing the point. You and they are both willing to look the other way when it's your people being idiots, and criticize when it is others. Very few of us are consistent across the board, and don't base our opinions on right and wrong based on who does it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You should join me in laughing and pointing out the hypocrisy from both sides rather than just enjoying pointing at the Tea Partiers. Suddenly those that KNOW the tea party is racist because some jackass held up a sign wants to complain that people suggest OWS is anti-semetic because some jackass held up a sign about a jewish conspiracy. Suddenly those that mock anyone who declares the Tea Parties focus is on social issues because some of their members are social conservatives gets pissy when someone suggest OWS is about getting more handouts from the government because of signs and interviews coming out from people demanding handouts.

    The whole things just one giant whirlwind of hypocrisy with plenty to point and laugh about on all sides.

    Frankly I'm tired of the media coverage from both the liberal and conservative slanted media, they're both getting ridiculously stupid and are actually becoming even a parody as both sides are blazing the coverage so quickly whether then the long extended nature of it with the tea party. If coverage, pro and con, for that was an even 45 MPH for a year or so now, OWS coverage is going about 125 MPH.

    I'm definitely sick of it all.
    I was right there defending the Tea Party when the idiots where making stupid charges. You know that. What the **** more do you want?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,903

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    It seems like the original movement had some positive elements but has been somewhat hijacked by clowns, not unlike the Tea Party.
    Wrong.

    The useful idiots don't know what this is all about.

    Brandt...and his ilk...are the ones calling the shots and...you hear it right out of his mouth...their aim is the destruction of capitalism.


    Nothing has been co-opted. This IS what it's all about.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    No way am I sick of them ... although I am involved with my professional life and family and that is my method to affect change ... I completely applaud the people who are standing up to make a statement about the ever widening gap and shrinking middle class. Love the Calvin and Hobbes political commmentary ...

    Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy?  OWS?-cjj7l-jpg.

    Yes ... I give a thumbs up to people who are using their freedom of speech for a worthy effort ... all them from all walks of life representing no political party as We the People.
    Last edited by Turin; 11-08-11 at 12:02 AM.

  7. #47
    Advisor LennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    393

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    I support them at heart, but I disagree with most of their message. Even though this is not an official demand list, many of their demands are outright absurd. In addition, the movement is not cohesive and they are not making any headway influencing Washington. It is more of a motley crew bitching and moaning, than a valid movement.
    Forum Post: Proposed list of OWS Demands | OccupyWallSt.org

    I agree that we have a problem with rampant cronyism and incestuous behavior between Wall St and Washington. I believe that there is too much white collar crime happening on Wall St. and it needs to stop. I believe that some of these big financial firms need to be broken up, investigated, and possibly throwing people in jail for crashing the global economy due to myopic greed.
    Re proposed list of demands.

    I can not believe that is actually real. Well at least hope it is not because that crap is just not going to fly here.

    Interesting reply to the demands:

    "Who wrote this ridiculous thing? Who speaks for this movement? Are you just trying to discredit this movement immediately? Ban the private ownership of land? Are you effing kidding me? You make the rest of us a laughing stock by putting out college acid trip delusions as something serious. STOP IT NOW. We need intelligent, thoughtful, serious people coming forward to make real change possible. This is doing nothing but playing into the hands of Fox News. We have ONE CHANCE to organize effectively to end the corporate coup and take democratic power back for people. I seriously think this could have been written by a Fox News Koch brother operative just to make us look insane."



    I guess that really does make some sense, but have to admit that like most I am unaware of what the group is really about besides addressing the ever increasing corporate profits on the backs of US workers and taxpayers.

    Sure I have seen all the media on the protests, and even some of the ":talking heads" that claim they want socialism or communism in to prevail etc, but how to know what the real deal is, and which are just random people exploiting the opportunity etc.

    I think almost anyone who has not directly benefited from the direction our country has taken for the last 30 or more years will admit things are a total mess, and the way too close relationships between our largest corporations and wealthiest Americans (and apparently foreigners too) and the various legislative branches of government is the real problem.


    Though obvious as how these relationships have become and how money and greed now direct our law makers and the laws that have changed in favor or big business and growing government etc I really do not think Americans in general are ready for a complete switch over to a complete entitlement society.

    So maybe if the movement could release itself of all the soap box hero's and agenda driven loons and stick what most think was the original idea of breaking the bond between big business and big government this whole thing might have a whole lot more success.

    As long as people like Jed Brant preach socialism while acting as if they are leading this group I believe most people will discredit the entire movement and look at it as little more than nightly entertainment on the evening news.


    Maybe an appropriate thread would be "just what are these people trying to do".

    If it has anything to do with the list from the above link then this is really a waste of time.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
    Albert Einstein


    **Question Everything**

  8. #48
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Other, I am throughly sick of the class warfare against the middle class for the last 30 years and extremely proud of our young people standing up against it!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I was right there defending the Tea Party when the idiots where making stupid charges. You know that. What the **** more do you want?
    Not saying I want more. Just saying if you're enjoying calling out the idiot hypocrites on the right join in with me doing it to those on the left as well. Double the fun, double the entertainment There's plenty of ridiculous hypocrisy to go around, why limit yourself to just one serving

  10. #50
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Im sick of it from both sides...but we have no other alternatives so all of you had better learn to live with it and FIX IT.
    Lets all be honest here ok for once. The teaparty isnt all wrong and OWS isnt all wrong. The truth and the "FIX" is always in the middle.
    The real problem as I see it is this ridiculous teaparty Pledge written in titanium that they will not vote to raise taxs in any form for any reason. With that pledge it has taken all reason and all chance for compromise out of the equasion and we all see what we have a stonewalling do nothing congress...that WE are all sick of...

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •