View Poll Results: Are you tired of all things OWS?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! We need 24/7 coverage until the Movement succeeds!

    20 20.00%
  • Anti-OWS, but I like arguing about it.

    7 7.00%
  • Pro-OWS, but I'm getting tired of arguing about it.

    10 10.00%
  • Anti-OWS, sick of hearing about it.

    37 37.00%
  • Not taking sides, just plain sick of it all.

    17 17.00%
  • Other/Rootebega

    9 9.00%
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 263

Thread: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

  1. #131
    Advisor LennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    393

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because those that support the 1st Amendment are Douches???? Civil libertarians believe that Free Speech Zones are used as a form of censorship and public relations management.
    Well are they not little more than restrictions on free speech?

    I had a laugh recently when I saw my local town had one of those "zones" set up in the middle of a wooded park just outside the area where they require permits for using the benches and other facilities, and there is a permit required to use the zone as well.

    Doesn't sound much like how most would interpret free speech at all.

    By the time the majority of Americans realize just how screwed we are there will be legislation allowing them to be shot if their protest is found threatening, oh wait didn't that happen already
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
    Albert Einstein


    **Question Everything**

  2. #132
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    With most protest you must outweigh the good with the bad. I am not sick of it and am glad that people are Finally protesting again. My hope is that it sends strong signals to the Hill. The people are stirring and rightfully so.. The lion is not even fully awake right now. I do not think those in power wish to see a Lion that is fully awake and ready for food.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #133
    Student Whoppletraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-25-13 @ 04:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    264

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    I like whining in public as much as the next guy but this OWS bull**** has long ran it's course.

    Its time for them to hang up their Guy Fawkes masks, throw away their signs with pictures of Che, and shut the **** up.
    A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul

  4. #134
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because those that support the 1st Amendment are Douches???? Civil libertarians believe that Free Speech Zones are used as a form of censorship and public relations management.
    I support the 1st Amendment too.

    I also support reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions. Keyword being REASONABLE.

    Camping out on public property, when camping on public property is a crime is not even a restriction on assembly.

    Thats like saying you can commit any crime you want so long as you do it in the name of protest. <--- This is not a requirement to be supportive of the 1st Amendment.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #135
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because those that support the 1st Amendment are Douches???? Civil libertarians believe that Free Speech Zones are used as a form of censorship and public relations management.


    Wait.... what about the residents, and the businesses thats rights are infringed on by these interlopers?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #136
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Moment of Clarity #89

    "Occupy Wall Street Has Proven We Don't Have Free Speech"



    You had "free speech", you didn't have a coherent message. FAIL!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Wait.... what about the residents, and the businesses thats rights are infringed on by these interlopers?
    But you must remember that business/capitalism is the enemy. Therefore, they don't care.

    The OWS are nothing but a mockery.

  8. #138
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    But you must remember that business/capitalism is the enemy. Therefore, they don't care.

    The OWS are nothing but a mockery.

    Starbucks and McDonalds, 20% increase in sales around zucotti, Local pizza shops, family bodegas, 20% decrese. That's all I gots to say.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #139
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    With most protest you must outweigh the good with the bad. I am not sick of it and am glad that people are Finally protesting again. My hope is that it sends strong signals to the Hill. The people are stirring and rightfully so.. The lion is not even fully awake right now. I do not think those in power wish to see a Lion that is fully awake and ready for food.
    You have grand dreams of the character of those of whom you speak...

    What we have here is not "the Lion"...but a few rogue sheep.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Thoroughly sick of all things Occupy? OWS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    But you must remember that business/capitalism is the enemy. Therefore, they don't care.

    The OWS are nothing but a mockery.
    not all OWSers see capitalism and business as "the enemy". you are simply making an ignorant strawman.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •