View Poll Results: Are all religions cults?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 40.35%
  • no

    29 50.88%
  • I do not know

    0 0%
  • other

    5 8.77%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 284

Thread: Are all religions cults?

  1. #221
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,044

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    And, exactly what could the Vatican have done to stop the genocide..................sent out the Papal Guard to take on the Nazi shock troops?

    vatican would be able to struggle with nazis as they struggled with communism..but they didnt...

  2. #222
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Nazi's were Christians huh? You still haven't gotten past that one yet? Do you truly feel that the Ostrich Approach is working out that well for you? You do realize that you're making a complete ass of yourself? The other Atheists on this site are even avoiding your ignorant arguments like the plague.
    I'm sure they are a bit more tolerant of religions than me but still believe that religion has a corrupting influence on man. I'm just more passionate about it.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    They wanted religious freedom but thought it should private. That's why they specially said that there should be no religious test for any public office and put a separation of church and state clause in our constitution. Unfortunately being a christian has become a requirement for office and schools want to teach pseudo science to our kids. Our fondling fathers would be ashamed of how religious we have become as a nation.
    Pseudo science? Creationism? Evolution? All I want is if you don't know for a fact you should teach everyone every body's viewpoint and let them decide.
    So Creationism along side Evolution.

  4. #224
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    That's where you and i disagree. I think the founders weren't christian and that's why they decided on a secular nation instead of a christian one.
    27 of the 54 Founding Fathers had Christian Seminary degrees. Sessions of the Continental Congress were opened with prayer sessions. Thomas Jefferson and other Founders regularly attended Church services that were held IN THE US CAPITOL BUILDING. How does that strike ya? Go ahead; try and refute it.

    There's a whole world of historical facts out there that you've yet to tap into youngster.
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 11-08-11 at 11:04 PM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  5. #225
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    Pseudo science? Creationism? Evolution? All I want is if you don't know for a fact you should teach everyone every body's viewpoint and let them decide.
    So Creationism along side Evolution.
    No. Creationism isn't a scientific theory and no sane biologist believes in it. This letting kids decide is crap from the religious right to indoctrinate our children.

  6. #226
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    27 of the 54 Founding Fathers had Christian Seminary degrees. Sessions of the Continetal Congress were opened with prayer sessions. Thomas Jefferson and other Founders regularly attended Church services that were held IN THE US CAPITOL BUILDING. How does that strike ya? Go ahead; try and refute it.
    I've already posted quotes that our founder's made. Yes they attended church but doesn't mean they believed any of their teachings. Remember people were very conservative back then just like they are now. Being a christain was must. Officially ever single president we have had is a christian because that's a what americans want. We know that's not the case. There were presidents that werent. Like jefferson and lincoln.

  7. #227
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I've already posted quotes that our founder's made. Yes they attended church but doesn't mean they believed any of their teachings. Remember people were very conservative back then just like they are now. Being a christain was must. Officially ever single president we have had is a christian because that's a what americans want. We know that's not the case. There were presidents that werent. Like jefferson and lincoln.
    God, I hope you never get a job teaching your "version" of history to kids.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    No. Creationism isn't a scientific theory and no sane biologist believes in it. This letting kids decide is crap from the religious right to indoctrinate our children.
    But... you know a lot of people believe in it right? Don't tell me scientist don't believe in it... cuz they do. Obviously there's this thing called a christian who is a scientist surprising right? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_799078.html
    Thats good enough amount of people to let it be taught in school.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Double post. Delete please.

  10. #230
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    But... you know a lot of people believe in it right? Don't tell me scientist don't believe in it... cuz they do. Obviously there's this thing called a christian who is a scientist surprising right? 40 Percent Of Americans Still Believe In Creationism
    Thats good enough amount of people to let it be taught in school.
    Not even christian scientists believe in it. I think the last pope actually said science and religion don't conflict so i don't know why some politicians are trying to mix it together. That number you showed me is disturbing. You have that same poll in other developed nations, i bet you that number is lower.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •