View Poll Results: Are all religions cults?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 40.35%
  • no

    29 50.88%
  • I do not know

    0 0%
  • other

    5 8.77%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 284

Thread: Are all religions cults?

  1. #191
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Lovely. Another DP member who doesn't believe what's right in front of her face.
    DP? what does stand for. I had to look it up. Its either Double penetration or donkey punch. Do you mean that I am a sex act?

  2. #192
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    DP? what does stand for. I had to look it up. Its either Double penetration or donkey punch. Do you mean that I am a sex act?
    Yes. Yes, that's exactly what I mean.


  3. #193
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Treaty of tripoli clearly states we aren't a christian nation

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    Just more proof that our deists/atheists founders hated religion.

  4. #194
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Yes. Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
    Must be it. The intials DP don't mean anything to me.

  5. #195
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Click the link. Theres many more. I don't want to have to post them all.
    He wasn't an atheist. He was a religious utilitarian and perhaps a deist. He would attend churches that preached helping your fellow man, and self-improvement. He would donate to them, if he appreciated the sermons. If he did not, he would not donate further. It is in his Autobiography.

    Surely, a man such as yourself, would be open to the notion that primary sources should be closely read before commentary?
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 11-08-11 at 10:31 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #196
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Treaty of tripoli clearly states we aren't a christian nation

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    Just more proof that our deists/atheists founders hated religion.
    *looks around*

    Are we being punked here?


  7. #197
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Must be it. The intials DP don't mean anything to me.
    Then you aren't paying close attention to the very site you're posting on, ya doof.
    Last edited by Josie; 11-08-11 at 10:31 PM.


  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Last Seen
    04-22-13 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    221

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Treaty of tripoli clearly states we aren't a christian nation

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    Just more proof that our deists/atheists founders hated religion.
    That doesn't prove they hate religion... if anything it just goes to prove our founding fathers wanted religious freedom.

  9. #199
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    He wasn't an atheist. He was a religious utilitarian and perhaps a deist. He would attend churches that preached helping your fellow man, and self-improvement. He would donate to them, if he appreciated the sermons. If he did not, he would not donate further. It is in his Autobiography.

    Surely, a man such as yourself, would be open to the notion that primary sources should be closely read before commentary?
    I think josie is making the argument that he was christian which he clearly wasn't. Doesn't whether you agree that he is an atheist or not.

  10. #200
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Are all religions cults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free For All View Post
    That doesn't prove they hate religion... if anything it just goes to prove our founding fathers wanted religious freedom.
    Ding, ding!


Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •