View Poll Results: Is it irrational/bigoted to have a slight wariness of Muslims?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 52.94%
  • No

    8 47.06%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 194

Thread: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You consistently twist people's words. As such it's not worth refuting your claims.
    you didn't suggest that suspision of all Muslims is justified due to 9-11?

    you didn't suggest that a little prejudice against all Muslims is justified by the many Muslim terrorist attacks around the world?

    sure you did.

  2. #52
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    They have no comprehension of the pain inflicted during such events. Whenever a person of such liberal ideology tries to use the PC-BS to smear me, I feel like back-handing them (not physically) in regards to discussion. I am tired of being told how to think. Tired of being told not to be wise and remember. Tired of being told to forget the past only to relive it over and over and over again.
    Statistically speaking, if you live in America, the person who may kill you or your family is a thousand times more likely to be Christian than Muslim. In fact if you want to talk numbers, then you should be infinitely more afraid of tobacco product manufacturers than of Muslims.

    Is it irrational? Yes. It isn't representative of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    ...Is it irrational? Yes. It isn't representative of reality.
    yeah, but its vigilant wisdom.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Statistically speaking, if you live in America, the person who may kill you or your family is a thousand times more likely to be Christian than Muslim. In fact if you want to talk numbers, then you should be infinitely more afraid of tobacco product manufacturers than of Muslims.
    The point isn't primarily Muslims. It's about having %100 trust in huge groups of people.

    I don't trust all Christians. Likewise, I don't trust all Muslims. Same with political groups.

    But apparently if you don't have absolute trust in these groups you are irrational.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    My question is pretty simple and straight-forward. We ALL know there have been many terrorist attacks on American soil. Is it irrational/weak-minded/stupid to not even have a slight fear/vigilance about [B]Muslims in America[B}? I am NOT talking about signs/propaganda/that sort of stuff. Merely, an internal awareness that "hey, radical Muslims have been killing people and there's a lot of Muslims who haven't harmed/killed people who sympathize with them." As a kid, I learned that being bit by a cat made one a bit wary, internally of cats. Don't even try to say I'm comparing Muslims to cats because I'll call you out on that BS. It is human behavior to have an internal wariness/vigilance after being attacked/hurt from certain, past things. Some blacks distrust white people today because of slavery and other atrocities in the past....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The point isn't primarily Muslims...

    ..and yet, MUSLIMS are the core & primary target of your OP.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ..and yet, MUSLIMS are the core & primary target of your OP.
    You're deliberately twisting my words again.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You're deliberately twisting my words again.
    actually, I quoted your OP.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    actually, I quoted your OP.
    My question is pretty simple and straight-forward. We ALL know there have been many terrorist attacks on American soil. Is it irrational/weak-minded/stupid to not even have a slight fear/vigilance about Muslims in America? I am NOT talking about signs/propaganda/that sort of stuff. Merely, an internal awareness that "hey, radical Muslims have been killing people and there's a lot of Muslims who haven't harmed/killed people who sympathize with them." As a kid, I learned that being bit by a cat made one a bit wary, internally of cats. Don't even try to say I'm comparing Muslims to cats because I'll call you out on that BS. It is human behavior to have an internal wariness/vigilance after being attacked/hurt from certain, past things. Some blacks distrust white people today because of slavery and other atrocities in the past. Some people have a wariness of Christians because some atrocities/killings have happened under Christianity. The same goes for communists/socialists/capitalists. Are people wrong to be even a bit wary internally about certain people who have in their group other people who have committed murders?

    Take the Juan Williams example. He was fired because he simply said he felt wary being on a plane with a Muslim in garb. You could say he was an idiot, or you may be an idiot for forgetting that at least four planes went down by Muslim extremists. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying all Muslims are bad and I'm not saying people should put up signs and propaganda showing their intense fear. All I'm saying is that it is human nature to distrust a subset of people who has another group within the same set who has caused much evil---radical Muslims.

    There are some liberals in this world who would say, right after 9/11, that you must forget and better not be afraid or wary. They have no comprehension of the pain inflicted during such events. Whenever a person of such liberal ideology tries to use the PC-BS to smear me, I feel like back-handing them (not physically) in regards to discussion. I am tired of being told how to think. Tired of being told not to be wise and remember. Tired of being told to forget the past only to relive it over and over and over again.
    You did not even consider the main point. Muslims were being used as an example, so you need to back off.

    Then, later on in this thread, I elaborated on the main point.

    Now, I suggest you stop trying to deliberately twist my words.

  9. #59
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The point isn't primarily Muslims. It's about having %100 trust in huge groups of people.

    I don't trust all Christians. Likewise, I don't trust all Muslims. Same with political groups.

    But apparently if you don't have absolute trust in these groups you are irrational.
    It would be irrational to have 100% trust in any group. I don't know of anyone who has made that argument.

    Could you provide an example of someone saying you should have a 100% trust in any group of people? I think you are taking the criticism that some people have for those who have a skewed mistrust of Muslims and you are exaggerating it into a strawman that those people are arguing that people have to have a 100% trust of Muslims. Nobody is making that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You did not even consider the main point. Muslims were being used as an example, so you need to back off....
    who is the MAIN target of your OP?

    Muslims.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •