View Poll Results: Is it irrational/bigoted to have a slight wariness of Muslims?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 52.94%
  • No

    8 47.06%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 194

Thread: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    This I agree with. If some of those on the left can be so wary of businessmen, then why shouldn't others feel wary of other people, like Muslims?...
    because its bigotry & prejudice...which is ignorant and irrational.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    because its bigotry & prejudice...which is ignorant and irrational.
    Smear all you want. Your smears don't stick.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Wake- Bernie Madoff was one Jewish criminal. He made up .000001% of all Jews in the world.

    The 19 hijackers and say 30 other Muslims in the USA who tried to or have staged terror attacks over the last 25 years, also make up .0000003% of the Muslims in the world.

    That's a much smaller percentage of Muslims, than Bernie is a percentage of Jews.

    Are you suggesting that we should all have a healthy suspicion of ALL Jewish people? Every Jew is potentially a Bernie Madoff?

    This is following YOUR logic.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do not twist my words, again....
    smear? I have been 100% honest regarding your silly claims.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wake- Bernie Madoff was one Jewish criminal. He made up .000001% of all Jews in the world.

    The 19 hijackers and say 30 other Muslims in the USA who tried to or have staged terror attacks over the last 25 years, also make up .0000003% of the Muslims in the world.

    That's a much smaller percentage of Muslims, than Bernie is a percentage of Jews.

    Are you suggesting that we should all have a healthy suspicion of ALL Jewish people? Every Jew is potentially a Bernie Madoff?

    This is following YOUR logic.
    You argue that no one should ever be wary. To always have such 100% trust. It is foolishness.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You argue that no one should ever be wary. To always have such 100% trust. It is foolishness.
    so how much anti-Semitism is acceptable to you, based on the actions of Madoff?

    how much racism against blacks is acceptable to you, based on the criminal activity of a minority of African-Americans?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so how much anti-Semitism is acceptable to you, based on the actions of Madoff?

    how much racism against blacks is acceptable to you, based on the criminal activity of a minority of African-Americans?
    To counter, do you have complete trust in gun rights owners? All businessmen? All Catholic priests? How about all of the religious right? Tell me you have absolutely no apprehension with any of these groups. You trust them fully %100, just as you do the anti-abortionists? You argue that you must have 100% trust in any group of people. You probably, in your heart of hearts, have absoltely no distrust of any group of people, cause' we're all good and honest?

    I do not have complete trust in Muslims because I am wise enough to acknowledge and understand that there are Muslims in the US who sympathize with radical Muslims. It is human nature to be wary. To not trust things---almost everything--with absoluteness. The same goes for government as you have argued in the past that one must trust the government 100%. That is not how the world works. People are not absolutely trusting by nature; when **** hits the fan and hundreds/thousands dies, people have the right to feel a bit f apprehension.
    Last edited by Wake; 10-30-11 at 05:28 PM.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    The problem is not one specific belief system. The problem is zealotry in any belief system.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    The problem is not one specific belief system. The problem is zealotry in any belief system.
    I would add that there are those in those belief systems who are also sympathetic to the group that does the active terrorism.

  10. #20
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Irrationality of Vigilant Wisdom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I would add that there are those in those belief systems who are also sympathetic to the group that does the active terrorism.
    You mean like Sarah Palin refusing to call Abortion Clinic Bombers terrorists

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •