View Poll Results: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, across the board.

    14 12.17%
  • Yes, for infrastructure.

    33 28.70%
  • Yes, for education. (K-12)

    21 18.26%
  • Yes, for job creation.

    19 16.52%
  • Yes, for social programs.

    15 13.04%
  • Yes, for medical care.

    26 22.61%
  • Yes, for the environment.

    19 16.52%
  • Yes, but... not for some particular programs (please elaborate).

    10 8.70%
  • No. None. Not for anything at all.

    63 54.78%
  • Undecided. Convince me either way.

    1 0.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 344

Thread: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

  1. #211
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no, I just want a country that is a bit more fair. that's all.
    If you truly want 'fair', and not solely the the good side of fair, then you want ALL aspects shared equally. Financial risk, investment of time, everything. Literally. With all due respect, I don't think you really want fair, you want to share in the benefits without having to share in the commitment.

  2. #212
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Folks, I'm not talking about mom & pop stores.

    I am talking about Walmart, BJs, Pathmark, Old Navy, etc etc. MASSIVE franchises that make billions in profits.
    Same concepts still apply. They still invest billions in buildings and construction, and while the leaders probably have more and better vacations, they also spend countless 15+ hours days working.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    ...With all due respect, I don't think you really want fair, you want to share in the benefits without having to share in the commitment.
    wrong. I simply want wealthy CEOs to share profits a little more with the folks making the stuff that earns the profits.

  4. #214
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wrong. I simply want wealthy CEOs to share profits a little more with the folks making the stuff that earns the profits.
    ...but not the risk. I stand by my conclusion.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    ...but not the risk. I stand by my conclusion.
    your conclusion is ignorant & baseless. its just biased opinion.

  6. #216
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    your conclusion is ignorant & baseless. its just biased opinion.
    My conclusion is opinion, but it is hardly ignorant nor baseless.

    You have repeatedly and utterly failed to address the equality of risk factor, as just one example.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    My conclusion is opinion, but it is hardly ignorant nor baseless.

    You have repeatedly and utterly failed to address the equality of risk factor, as just one example.
    you developed your opinion of my views long before that issue arose.

  8. #218
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wrong. I simply want wealthy CEOs to share profits a little more with the folks making the stuff that earns the profits.
    Buy the stock and stop acting like a mooch. I never hear labor thugs saying they will more than happy to put some skin in the game and take salary and benefit cuts when the earnings drop, all they want is the upside...screw them. Gee, I would love to have perpetual options with every company ... fortunately I learned at a young age Santa doesn't exist so I am not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  9. #219
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you developed your opinion of my views long before that issue arose.
    You're doing a lot of dancing around to avoid the point about sharing risk.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You're doing a lot of dancing around to avoid the point about sharing risk.
    its YOUR point.

    not mine.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •