View Poll Results: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, across the board.

    14 12.17%
  • Yes, for infrastructure.

    33 28.70%
  • Yes, for education. (K-12)

    21 18.26%
  • Yes, for job creation.

    19 16.52%
  • Yes, for social programs.

    15 13.04%
  • Yes, for medical care.

    26 22.61%
  • Yes, for the environment.

    19 16.52%
  • Yes, but... not for some particular programs (please elaborate).

    10 8.70%
  • No. None. Not for anything at all.

    63 54.78%
  • Undecided. Convince me either way.

    1 0.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 344

Thread: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

  1. #151
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what does this have to do with the OP?

    and yes, I am willing to pay more in taxes, if we add new tax-rates for millionaires.
    why should they pay even higher rates, they are one of the few groups paying more than their objective fair share



  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should they pay even higher rates, they are one of the few groups paying more than their objective fair share
    why should folks who make between $379,000 and infinity....have the same tax-rate?

    looks like a flat-tax for the wealthy, if you ask me.

  3. #153
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    why should folks who make between $379,000 and infinity....have the same tax-rate?

    looks like a flat-tax for the wealthy, if you ask me.
    they should have the same tax rate that you have

    then if you want them to pay more you also will have to pay more



  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they should have the same tax rate that you have....
    that's just ignorant and insane.

    no, someone who makes $55 million a year should NOT have the same federal income-tax rate as I do.

  5. #155
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    that's just ignorant and insane.

    no, someone who makes $55 million a year should NOT have the same federal income-tax rate as I do.
    of course not-that would mean you and the rest of the undertaxed can vote up their rates without paying more yourself. If everyone paid the same rate then dem politicians could not pander to people like you promising you more and more handouts paid for by tax increases on only the rich

    the rich pay far more taxes than you do even if they pay the same rate yet they get absolutely no additional citizenship benefits. and you bray it is insane they don't pay even more

    the insanity is that people like you get the same government services as millionaires due and you demand they pay even more

    that is ingrate behavior



  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    of course not-that would mean you and the rest of the undertaxed can vote up their rates without paying more yourself. If everyone paid the same rate then dem politicians could not pander to people like you promising you more and more handouts paid for by tax increases on only the rich...
    I get ZERO handouts from the govt.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    TD- in 1925, during Coolidge's Presidency, we had 23 tax-backets. Today we have only six.

    Do you consider Coolidge to have been a "Dem" politician, pandering to the poor with his handouts?

  8. #158
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    TD- in 1925, during Coolidge's Presidency, we had 23 tax-backets. Today we have only six.

    Do you consider Coolidge to have been a "Dem" politician, pandering to the poor with his handouts?
    when we started this country we had zero

    that works for me



  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when we started this country we had zero

    that works for me
    yeah, good luck running a modern and massive country, with ZERO income taxes.

    sounds like you want America to die.

  10. #160
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are you willing to pay higher taxes, and if so, for what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    most of our REAL forefathers were not socialists. FDR was
    Our forefathers elected FDR four times for president. Tax rates under Republican presidents Eisenhower, Nixon, and Ford were even more progressive than anything proposed by Obama. Do you consider them socialist as well?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •