View Poll Results: White Boy Drunk: Racist or Not?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 43.40%
  • No

    16 30.19%
  • Other/Explain

    3 5.66%
  • Lets Go Get White Boy Crazy!

    11 20.75%
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 419

Thread: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Not necessarily. But my point is that "if it's racist one way, it's racist the other way" is a false statement because the same word can have different meanings depending on the race of the person it's being said to.
    Really? Please cite some cases where people are calling each other racially offenses names without being racist.

  2. #72
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Am I the only one in this thread who understands relativity? I see one group of people saying "this is absolutely racist" and another group saying "this is not at all racist, why are you making things up?" You're both wrong. White men calling black men "boy" has a history of racism, some people still use the term in a racist way and some people still perceive the term to be a racist one. Others don't. It's relative. This whole "you're right, you're wrong" is dumb as hell because it depends on the person using it and hearing it.
    The only reason ANY of it has any relevance is because we still play the stupid "dangit I got my ass all butthurt" game. Real racism exists. Real idiots are out there. Want to empower the idiots? Give them a ****ing stage. White race baiters and black race baiters have made CAREERS doing this kida crap. And their stupid games play right into the hands of apologists that want to show how wonderful and sensitive they are. Worried about WORDS? Hell son...worry about jobs...worry about 9 year old prositutes. Worry about 27% unemployment rates in some cities. Worry about violence and crime. Words? Still? Seriously???

    Yes...please...by all means...play some Foreigner or some Black Cherry and get 'White Boy Drunk' to the sounds of "Dirty White Boy" and "Play that Funky Music White Boy"...and any that is upset by someone calling them a name...please go to WalMart, buy a life, and join us here in 2011.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    Really? Please cite some cases where people are calling each other racially offenses names without being racist.
    Listen to rap music once in a while. Hang out with young people once in a while.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Listen to rap music once in a while. Hang out with young people once in a while.
    You think that's them just trying to be "gangstas from the 'hood". You know, just acting cool, rebellious and what not?

    If Rick Perry went out on stage and yelled "Wassup all you niggaz?!" do you think everyone would think it was okay? That he was just being hip?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    Really? Please cite some cases where people are calling each other racially offenses names without being racist.
    Black people call each other 'nigger' all the time.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Black people call each other 'nigger' all the time.
    Is that okay? What if white people did it to each other? Think some people would have a conniption?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Black people call each other 'nigger' all the time.
    yes, and this is a sad example of black self-loathing.

  8. #78
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    Really? Please cite some cases where people are calling each other racially offenses names without being racist.
    A good portion of black people call each other "nigga" quite often. Now, you can argue that "nigga" is different than "nigger", but if a white guy in a suit calls a black guy "nigga" you can bet the black man would scream racism....but when used amongst themselves it isn't so.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    Is that okay?
    Yes. It really is ok. Most of my friends 'of color' call me their 'nig'. It's all good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    What if white people did it to each other?
    So what if we did? I just don't understand why you get hung up on a term of endearment between friends and totally ignore the alcohol abuse they're celebrating with "white-boy drunk". If we're going to ignore the drug abuse then of course were going to give racial slurs a pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
    Think some people would have a conniption?
    They can go file an EO complaint. I could give a ****.

  10. #80
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, and this is a sad example of black self-loathing.
    Or maybe it's empowerment. Taking a word people have used against you and turning it into a tongue-in-cheek manner of addressing one another? Kind of like that joke in The Longest Yard about the guy having "slave feet" because he doesn't wear shoes. The joke was made by a black man to a black man. You seem to have this, "oh, no. Poor widdle blacks have no self-esteem or desire to achieve because mean ol' whitey has turned them into self-loathing fear mongers" mentality. Perhaps it's not so. Perhaps, thanks to empowering blacks from all folds most blacks don't feel downtrodden or inferior and so they mock the very actions and words which made them inferior in the first place.

    Really, the difference between you and me is you sympathize with blacks and think they feel worthless, you defend them because you think you understand some sorry existence in which ill-understanding white folk aren't sensitive enough. I don't sympathize with them because I think they can do whatever the hell I can do (and sometimes a whole hell of a lot more), and don't need my almost-racist-in-itself pity to coddle or boost them to a different position in life.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •