View Poll Results: White Boy Drunk: Racist or Not?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 43.40%
  • No

    16 30.19%
  • Other/Explain

    3 5.66%
  • Lets Go Get White Boy Crazy!

    11 20.75%
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 419

Thread: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

  1. #361
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I never said I knew you. I said I know black people who make such comments. Please do not twist my words.
    I'm not twisting your words. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you know some black people that made some comments?


    I never said it was the only reason. In fact, I stated the opposite several times. Please read my comments.
    I didn't say you did. I said someone else did, and you agreed with it. Please read my comment.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #362
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Or maybe he like light skin better than dark skin.
    I agree, in fact, that's a possibility and a reality that I talked about in my earlier posts. My point has always been that the reality I just talked about exists. It's getting a bit frustrating to see that you're not reading my posts.

    This assumes that blacks are simply reacting to white society and have no input in it on their own. This may have been the case 100 years ago...but is not the case now. In the last 20 years, black culture has nearly taken over as the prime impact on youth culture and as a result, at least partially, young black people are more prone to embrace "being black" than they were 20 years ago.
    No it doesn't. It assumes that black people are like everybody else - they react to their society, their surroundings. It seems to me that you and others are trying to make blacks the exception to the rule. We accept that everyone else in society is affected by the images presented to them. Why is it different for black people?

    Again, with respect....your experiences are that of observers.
    Well then it's a good thing we're talking about observations.

  3. #363
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    So why do you think some blacks consider skin tone and hair texture that more closely resembles white people superior to darker skin/natural hair?
    That is not for me to answer.....

    Because my answer is... "Because they do."

    Conversely, I cannot answer the question to why we find tan women as opposed to pale women attractive either.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #364
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm not twisting your words. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you know some black people that made some comments?
    That's what I said. I know black people who made such comments just like I know white people who have said they like steak. And you did twist my words. Why on Earth would you consider it relevant to let me know that I don't know you without the premise that I claimed to know you.

    I didn't say you did. I said someone else did, and you agreed with it. Please read my comment.
    You're right. My mistake.

  5. #365
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That is not for me to answer.....

    Because my answer is... "Because they do."

    Conversely, I cannot answer the question to why we find tan women as opposed to pale women attractive either.
    Okay, well I like understand things beyond "just because".

  6. #366
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I agree, in fact, that's a possibility and a reality that I talked about in my earlier posts. My point has always been that the reality I just talked about exists. It's getting a bit frustrating to see that you're not reading my posts.
    The point is, you don't know what the reason is. Even someone told you they wish they were white because it's "better" you still don't know. What you know is what one person thinks.

    No it doesn't. It assumes that black people are like everybody else - they react to their society, their surroundings. It seems to me that you and others are trying to make blacks the exception to the rule. We accept that everyone else in society is affected by the images presented to them. Why is it different for black people?
    I'm not saying it is any different for black people. I'm saying the exact opposite, as a matter of fact. It is exactly the same for black people...what happened 150 years ago has very little impact today.

    Well then it's a good thing we're talking about observations.
    Good, then you can stop assuming you have any idea what black people feel, or that you know why they feel it, because your Mom worked in a predominantly black school.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Okay, well I like understand things beyond "just because".
    You CLAIM to understand things beyond "just because".

    But, your flaw is in that you are TRYING to find racism in everything...

    Its a part of many "white guilt" mistakes.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #368
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's what I said. I know black people who made such comments just like I know white people who have said they like steak. And you did twist my words. Why on Earth would you consider it relevant to let me know that I don't know you without the premise that I claimed to know you.
    You claimed you "know black people" not some black people. As in, you are in full communion with the thoughts and feelings of black people. At least, that's how it appeared.

    You're right. My mistake.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #369
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You claimed you "know black people" not some black people. As in, you are in full communion with the thoughts and feelings of black people. At least, that's how it appeared.

    Well, that's not what I meant, particularly as I talked the specific people I knew.

  10. #370
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But, your flaw is in that you are TRYING to find racism in everything...
    Eh, this just proves that you're one of those guys who thinks that anybody who mentions racism is trying to find racism in anything. If you'd actually read my comments including my criticism of Thunder for trying to attribute everything to racism and self-loathing, you wouldn't have made this comment. The fact is like everybody else, black people are affected by societal attitudes - they aren't the exception to the rule. That's been my point. It's unfortunate that you had to make up an argument, attribute it to me and then argue against it rather than actually addressing what I said. It's completely unnecessary because my actual arguments can be disagreed with all on their own.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •