View Poll Results: White Boy Drunk: Racist or Not?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 43.40%
  • No

    16 30.19%
  • Other/Explain

    3 5.66%
  • Lets Go Get White Boy Crazy!

    11 20.75%
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 419

Thread: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

  1. #341
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's a laughably ignorant thing to say.
    I don't think it is. It had to do with slavery, it now has to do with the same shallow thinking that any other appearance driven stigma has.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    and this is of course a lie. it has EVERYTHING to do with slavery & segregation.
    Any proof?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's a laughably ignorant thing to say.
    Any proof?

    Oh, you showed your hand a post earlier
    I'm constantly amazed at some of the willful ignorance people chose to show. You're absolutely right. Ideas of good hair or the badness of black skin come directly from internalized racism. Good hair is hair that is most similar to "white hair" and light skin is better than dark because it's closer to white skin. Both value judgments come from a history where lighter skinned blacks were generally treated better on plantations, in society after slavery and where all things "white" were considered superior to all things black.

    I don't why people are trying to deny the reality of this. It's really not even a big deal. Accept it and move on.
    To which I say...


    That isn't proof... thats just a guess conjured up to support your theory so you can keep on with the racism truck.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Any proof?
    ask mac, he just agreed with me above.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ask mac, he just agreed with me above.
    You are the primary person making the claim...

    YOU provide proof of YOUR claim.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #346
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't think it is. It had to do with slavery, it now has to do with the same shallow thinking that any other appearance driven stigma has.
    I disagree. I agree that it ties into the same shallow thinking that motivates pale white people to require tanning and all that, but that's the surface issue. When you ask the question, "why do X people believe Y about their appearance?" the answer goes far beyond, "they're just shallow" because "they're just shallow" does not explain why they prefer X type of hair color over Y or A skin color over B. It's the "why" that I'm getting at and the answer to that question is an integral aspect some blacks determination of good/bad skin color and hair type.

    The desire of some Chinese people to have their skin whitened is rooted in a historical association with white skin as superior because wealthy Chinese (particularly women) stayed indoors without getting tans and poorer, less 'feminine' members of society were out on the fields. Similarly, the desire of some blacks to have lighter skin is rooted in the idea that white is better than black. It's impossible to get away from the origins of such ideas when discussing those ideas.

  7. #347
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You are the primary person making the claim...

    YOU provide proof of YOUR claim.
    Don't worry, I didn't agree with him.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #348
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I disagree. I agree that it ties into the same shallow thinking that motivates pale white people to require tanning and all that, but that's the surface issue. When you ask the question, "why do X people believe Y about their appearance?" the answer goes far beyond, "they're just shallow" because "they're just shallow" does not explain why they prefer X type of hair color over Y or A skin color over B. It's the "why" that I'm getting at and the answer to that question is an integral aspect some blacks determination of good/bad skin color and hair type.

    The desire of some Chinese people to have their skin whitened is rooted in a historical association with white skin as superior because wealthy Chinese (particularly women) stayed indoors without getting tans and poorer, less 'feminine' members of society were out on the fields. Similarly, the desire of some blacks to have lighter skin is rooted in the idea that white is better than black. It's impossible to get away from the origins of such ideas when discussing those ideas.
    The racism had it's foundations in slavery and segregation, certainly, but it is perpetuated by ignorance. Like any stereotype, there was some "reason" that it came into being, but that reason is usually not what perpetuates the stereotype. Further, the height of the light skin/dark skin thing has passed. Being light skinned myself, I experienced some of that animosity in my younger years, but can honestly say I've seen none of it in my adult years.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That isn't proof... thats just a guess conjured up to support your theory so you can keep on with the racism truck.
    So why do you think some blacks consider skin tone and hair texture that more closely resembles white people superior to darker skin/natural hair?

  10. #350
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    So why do you think some blacks consider skin tone and hair texture that more closely resembles white people superior to darker skin/natural hair?
    What makes you think that any still do? Because they straighten their hair? White women do that...because they braid their hair? white women do that too....you are confusing cosmetics with racism and self loathing...or at least the source of the self loathing.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •