View Poll Results: White Boy Drunk: Racist or Not?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 43.40%
  • No

    16 30.19%
  • Other/Explain

    3 5.66%
  • Lets Go Get White Boy Crazy!

    11 20.75%
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 419

Thread: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ah, so context, history, social-dynamics, mean nothing to you.

    well, this is the real world, and in the real world...these things matter.
    If the N-word is a racist, bad word, then NO ONE should use it. Period. End of story.

  2. #262
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, the premise is that poor white people today have it as bad as poor black people today, not that they had it as bad as black people under Jim Crow laws or slavery. It should be about what makes a statement racist or not, which honestly should be the intention behind the statement, not just the way the statement is perceived due to what did happen in the past due to racism. We are talking about what happens to people today and why. This is what the conversation should be about, instead of what happened 60+ years ago and before.
    And here comes Rouge with the reality hammer and BOOM! everything makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, the premise is that poor white people today have it as bad as poor black people today,....
    and in many instances, such a suggestion is ignorant of history & facts on the ground.

  4. #264
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If the N-word is a racist, bad word, then NO ONE should use it. Period. End of story.
    That is kind of childish and simplistic thinking don't you think? It is more complex than that. I do however no matter how childish agree, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If the N-word is a racist, bad word, then NO ONE should use it. Period. End of story.
    yes, on Utopia Parkway along the Long Island Expressway, this would be the case.

    but we don't live on Utopia Parkway, now do we?

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is kind of childish and simplistic thinking don't you think? It is more complex than that. I do however no matter how childish agree, lol.
    It is not childish. Giving preferential treatment to certain people based simply on race, is.

  7. #267
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    and in many instances, such a suggestion is ignorant of history & facts on the ground.
    No, ignoring what makes a statement actually racist is a big part of the problems around racism and claims of racism today. If you fail to look at why a person makes a comment or what actually makes it racist, then you are not actually trying to identify true racism, you are simply trying to stir up trouble.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, on Utopia Parkway along the Long Island Expressway, this would be the case.

    but we don't live on Utopia Parkway, now do we?
    You're not making sense.

    Again, if the N-word is a racist, bad word, then NO ONE should use it. Period. End of story.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You're not making sense.

    Again, if the N-word is a racist, bad word, then NO ONE should use it. Period. End of story.
    yes, in a perfect world.

    but we don't live in that perfect world.

  10. #270
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Get White Boy Drunk: Is That Racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It is not childish. Giving preferential treatment to certain people based simply on race, is.
    What does a black person calling another black person "nigga" or "nigger" have to do with ... "Giving preferential treatment to certain people based simply on race?" Can we please stay on one subject at a freaking time? I am tired of people replying to my statements and they have no freaking clue what I just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •