1. Slavery happened.
2. Many traders and slave owners viewed slaves as inferior because of their race.
3. The history of racial inequality has left a legacy on the United States which is not erased by "white trash" or the potential enslavement of Greeks which you have tried to steer the conversation towards.
4. Even so, racial inequality and race relations have gotten better in time.
5. Nonetheless, certain words and phrases still have racist connotations (re: the actual topic of this thread).
6. Telling people some variation of "get over it" and "blacks sold slaves so it's no big deal" and "white people were poor too" and "i respect black men unlike you" does nothing to get rid of those realities.