View Poll Results: Is America arrogant?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not at all

    10 8.33%
  • May be a little

    13 10.83%
  • Yes, it is

    55 45.83%
  • Oh, very arrogant

    26 21.67%
  • I can't decide

    3 2.50%
  • Other

    13 10.83%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 236

Thread: Is America arrogant?

  1. #31
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaman View Post
    I am proud of our WW2 veterans and the sacrifices they made to defeat Germany, Italy and Japan. The Axis allies would not have been defeated without our help. Pure evil was defeated as it had to be. Yes... I am proud of our nations history and the heroes that made it possible for us to have freedom and prosper in the greatest nation of the world.
    Strawmanning WWII, really? Germany wasn't evil, Italy wasn't evil, Japan wasn't evil, only a select few were.

  2. #32
    User The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-07-12 @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    133

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Um, it certainly was a lot more than a select few. I certainly do agree that not everyone in those countries was "evil," but you are kinda exaggerating the point.

  3. #33
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    Um, it certainly was a lot more than a select few. I certainly do agree that not everyone in those countries was "evil," but you are kinda exaggerating the point.
    I'll give you that, I would say the majority was not evil. Also look at where Germany was, we basically brought that war on them.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Several decades ago one great man (Mr. M.L. King) spoke about America's arrogance. What do you think, is America arrogant today or cured itself out of this disorder?
    Some Americans are arrogant, others are not. The politicians and other leaders who represent us tend to be arrogant and our foreign policy is pretty arrogant. So yeah, America's pretty arrogant, but what do you expect from the #1 country in the world. We got the biggest guns, the biggest GDP and the biggest debt. What do you expect?

  5. #35
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,296

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I'll give you that, I would say the majority was not evil. Also look at where Germany was, we basically brought that war on them.
    that is a notion that would certainly surprise (say) the citizens of Poland.

  6. #36
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is a notion that would certainly surprise (say) the citizens of Poland.
    lol, who were mostly jews.

  7. #37
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,798

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    I don't think it's arrogance so much, but rather being sheltered and naive. It comes across as arrogance to others.

  8. #38
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,296

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    lol, who were mostly jews.
    ..... i'm thinking you want to more clearly explain what you are stating here....

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Several decades ago one great man (Mr. M.L. King) spoke about America's arrogance. What do you think, is America arrogant today or cured itself out of this disorder?
    I voted other. I could care less if America is arrogant. In America's short history America has accomplished a lot and done so much for the world.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    Unnecessary Middleman Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    605

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaman View Post
    I am proud of our WW2 veterans and the sacrifices they made to defeat Germany, Italy and Japan. The Axis allies would not have been defeated without our help. Pure evil was defeated as it had to be. Yes... I am proud of our nations history and the heroes that made it possible for us to have freedom and prosper in the greatest nation of the world.
    True, but there is an entire post-WWII history to consider. Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, Iran-Contra, Panama, Iraq/Afghanistan etc. We cling to WWII because it was our highlight in history, we'll never see that kind of glory again.
    "It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this." Bertrand Russell

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •