View Poll Results: Is America arrogant?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not at all

    10 8.33%
  • May be a little

    13 10.83%
  • Yes, it is

    55 45.83%
  • Oh, very arrogant

    26 21.67%
  • I can't decide

    3 2.50%
  • Other

    13 10.83%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 236

Thread: Is America arrogant?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    You cannot understand the essential "humanness" of everyone in the world until you try communicating with someone who doesn't know your language at all, and you still succeed in being understood. The sense of brotherhood is indescribably awesome.
    All I have to do in order to achieve that experience is to walk into the hispanic neighborhoods of Worcester, MA. Third generation "americans" who speak less English than my CAT does.

  2. #102
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    I think it it clear that a lot of ignorant people confuse pride with arrogance. I am proud that our form of Government has out lasted any other form ever, and is still working in spite of Liberals and Obama who don't seem to want it to continue to work for We the People.

    Obama is backing the Wall Street idiots want a Marxist/Socialist government and that has never worked and is doomed to collapse as it has every time

  3. #103
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I think it it clear that a lot of ignorant people confuse pride with arrogance. I am proud that our form of Government has out lasted any other form ever, and is still working in spite of Liberals and Obama who don't seem to want it to continue to work for We the People.

    Obama is backing the Wall Street idiots want a Marxist/Socialist government and that has never worked and is doomed to collapse as it has every time



    This is why some people question the American people.....


  4. #104
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Basic news reporting and current events tells me that Europe is a place that I would never want to visit. It's like DisneyLand for Socialists and Lefties. That in and of itself is enough to make it a place that I have less than no interest in ever seeing or setting foot in. The same with Canada.



    It's close enough. Especially considering the absolute lack of interest most European countries seem to place on their Medieval history. Were you aware that the Battle of Stamford Bridge, one of the most important battles in English history is marked by a 2' x 18" faded wooden sign, buried in the brush on the side of a dirt trail and NOTHING MORE? Here in the US, it would be a National Landmark, protected by the US Parks Service. There it's an absolute afterthought and nothing more.

    well when you have as much history as Europe does its pretty hard to mark everything which is kind of the beauty of some places in Europe. In the US you have civil war battle grounds and grave yards left to rot so spare me that BS please and its also very hard to compare considering my old house was older than the USA as a state. As for the political side of Europe, do you think people run around wearing red arm bands and shouting about Stalin in the street? You need to lay off the fox news buddy its been messing with your head! Europe like America is full of good and bad people, hardworking and lazy people etc. The bars are amazing and the beer is better. To shelter your life based on your extreme political views is beyond me, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Last edited by Higgins86; 10-18-11 at 09:32 PM.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Exclamation Re: Is America arrogant?

    also tigger this is a little more than a faded sign....

    File:StamfordBridge1066.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well when you have as much history as Europe does its pretty hard to mark everything which is kind of the beauty of some places in Europe. In the US you have civil war battle grounds and grave yards left to rot so spare me that BS please and its also very hard to compare considering my old house was older than the USA as a state.
    No, we aren't able to mark the spot of every minor skirmish or the grave of every fallen soldier, though I wouldn't mind if we did. However, we do go out of our way to make sure that the major (and a large number of the minor) ones are noted and preserved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    As for the political side of Europe, do you think people run around wearing red arm bands and shouting about Stalin in the street? You need to lay off the fox news buddy its been messing with your head! Europe like America is full of good and bad people, hardworking and lazy people etc. The bars are amazing and the beer is better. To shelter your life based on your extreme political views is beyond me, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    No, I don't think they run around wearing red arm bands and shouting the praises of Stalin and Marx. They do something much worse.... they go about their daily lives as if nothing was wrong. They have come to ACCEPT the ideas of Socialism, which is a major crime in my mind. Why would I want to go somewhere that my tourist dollars support that sort of government and system. Hell, I go out of my way to avoid STATES and CITIES that I feel are too Socialist. That's why you'lll never find me on the West Coast, or spending a night in a NYC hotel room.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    also tigger this is a little more than a faded sign....

    File:StamfordBridge1066.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And in the United States that site would like like the Gettysburg National Battlefield.

  8. #108
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    oh I forgot America was the only country fighting in World War Two and the Korean War...yawn
    what relevance does that sort of anti American drivel have. We were major reason why the Japanese were defeated and a major reason why the Axis fell. and unlike the Russians, we weren't in cahoots with the Nazis to start with



  9. #109
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Were so arrogant, I think we need to make amends, apologize to the world and offer up foreign aid and self defense for other countries and fight their wars. Oh wait we already do that...
    Caitlyn Strong...

  10. #110
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is America arrogant?

    Why yes, but Those explain ignorance not arrogance. Yes we are arrogant as well; but then again, this is AMERICA. Why do people still immigrate here? Obviously not for work(excluding Mexico). They come here to become American. We brought our arrogance with us, it is a part of us. Our ignorance of the wants of other nations will continue because we are the world police; however, we will continue to help others despite our own situation because we are AMERICA and that's just the way it is. If you don't like America, then leave, we will not shoot you on the way out.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •