View Poll Results: Which Party has more violent Ralliers?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Left

    20 58.82%
  • The Right

    3 8.82%
  • Unsure/Neither

    11 32.35%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're funny.

    Normally I'd laugh at such a ridiculous accusation and suggest the person go read a number of my posts and threads over the years. However, this one is even easier. Just go read this ****ing thread and you'll see what kind of an ignorant statement that was.

    Where did I ever mention "love and peace"?...
    where did I say you did?

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's a point I brought up earlier. I don't know which said has statistically more violence, but I can name 10 peaceful con or lib rallies for every violent one on the news. It just doesn't seem like enough violence to even matter. Moreover, the violence of a few has no impact on the legitimacy of the entire group's arguments.
    To be frank this is the flip side of my exact same argument in regards to the BS claims of "The Tea Party is Racist" that turned into "whose more racist the left or right".

    Its people focusing on the vast minority of a group that is an insignificant factor and making it an issue for nothing but pure political points while essentially missing the forest through the trees....that the majority AREN'T what you're trying to slander them as due to the actions of a significant minority.

    And these cases, be it the racism or the violence, aren't a case where the "minority" is like 49% compared to 51%. Its a case where its a rather insignificant small sample size that happens to be 1) loud 2) political advantageous to focus on 3) stupid which makes it very easy to focus in on them.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    where did I say you did?
    This post when responding to my comments to you as to why people may bring a gun to a rally other than for what you suggest which is to "threaten" people

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    bringing a gun to an angry rally, full of accusations of treason & tyranny, is a sign of love & peace???

    come on now.
    Unless I was mistaken, you weren't saying that to me, and you randomly decided to interject in the thread to debate with an imaginary person in your head that is making arguments no one else is making but that you feel you need to counter through typing on this fourm.

    Because really those seem like the only two logical answers as to why that post was there. Either responding to my post talking to you, or apparently responding to someone that doesn't actually exist and thus you were just posting something entirely random and based on nothing into the thread for apparenlty no reason.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This post when responding to my comments to you as to why people may bring a gun to a rally other than for what you suggest which is to "threaten" people...
    my comment about "love & peace" was a bit of a strawman, as clearly...bringing guns to a political rally is NOT a sign of peaceful intentions & loving emotions.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Does the right or the left roughly have more violent demonstrators?

    To me the left typically has more, and naturally leftists believe conservatives have more.

    Do you think there's a way to roughly estimate which groups within either side are more violent?
    I think the level of "violence" is relatively equal.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    my comment about "love & peace" was a bit of a strawman, as clearly...bringing guns to a political rally is NOT a sign of peaceful intentions & loving emotions.
    Right, good thing no one ever suggested it was a sign of loving emotions or even "peaceful" intentions.

    One can not be showing peaceful intentions while still not showing violent intentions.

    One can not be showing "peace and love" and still not be showing "threatening".

    All three of the examples I suggested weren't showing "peace" or "love" but they also weren't showing something intending to be intimidating or violent in nature either. The only one you could kind of argue as being that way would be someone who always carries a gun for self defense reasons and then seriously.....if anyone was walking around there that had ever had any martial arts or boxing classes, had mace or pepper spray on them, or had a knife on them then they must be violent as well because they're doing something for self defense puproses and that apparently would be "violent".

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    FACT: Left-wing rallies have a greater chance of violence than Right-wing rallies. However, more Left-wing politicians have been the victim of political violence than Right-wing politicians.

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    FACT: Left-wing rallies have a greater chance of violence than Right-wing rallies. However, more Left-wing politicians have been the victim of political violence than Right-wing politicians.
    Which many times they are the target of other people on the left.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Which many times they are the target of other people on the left.
    perhaps.

    ........

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    FACT: Left-wing rallies have a greater chance of violence than Right-wing rallies. However, more Left-wing politicians have been the victim of political violence than Right-wing politicians.
    I'm unsure of the legitimacy of said fact, especially since "politicians" opens it up all the way from federal to local level and I'm pretty sure there's no concerete numbers on either of those two things. I think that should start "OPINION"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •