View Poll Results: Which Party has more violent Ralliers?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Left

    20 58.82%
  • The Right

    3 8.82%
  • Unsure/Neither

    11 32.35%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    ...interesting. Perhaps I should go back to the philosophical stance that all opinions/beliefs are pointless because they are not absolutely proven. It's impossible for one to be objective, yet also have any political belief.

    Opinions and beliefs aren't pointless unless they are able to be proven. However, thinking that people should or are going to think that you're opinions and beliefs have a point IS pointless.

    Your opinions and beliefs only have a point to one person without fail and that's yourself. For them to matter, be worth while, have weight, or have a point to anyone else requires that person to actually feel a reason to give such credance to your opinions/beliefs. That can happen in a variety of ways. It could happen simply because the person already thinks very similar to you. It could happen because you provide evidence enough to convince someone. It could happen because your past record has shown you to be an objective person that has good beliefs/opinions and thus are given a level of trustworthyness. Etc.

    Your opinions matters and are important to you and only you by default. For everyone else, there needs to be a reason. The only thing "pointless" with regards to opinions is expecting that people are going to give a damn about them without you giving THEM a reason. Mind you, giving THEM a reason...not giving a reason that YOU feel is good enough but doesn't mean dick to them. That's the other problem people tend to make, they throw a reason out why their opinion should matter that suits THEIR standard...but that doesn't really matter becuase you're not trying to convince yourself.

    You're not going to convince a millionaire to do what you want because you offer him $1,000 dollars because in your mind that should be good enough, because he's not movitated by that. You have to figure out what it is that would motivate him if you really care about getting him to do what you want.

    As far as being objective and having a political belief...again, I think you're incorrect. Its entirely posisble to be objective and have a political belief, however its more difficult to do the more engrossed you become in that belief and the more you wrap the belief into the very fabric of who you are. I know a number of objective liberals and conservatives, many right here on this board. Sometimes even just acknolwedging your difficulty in being objective due to your vantage point in and of itself helps lend to objectivity. Being objective and having a strong belief, in whatever be it politics or something else, is possible...its just not easy.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how about trying to intimidate people by carrying firearms? you cool with that?
    You are extracting your own emotions regarding your opinions when viewing a situation and ignorantly assuming that it is correct to extract those emotions and place them on the other person as if that was their intention.

    This would be similar to someone saying how wonderful playing with their dog this weekend was, feeling sad because your dog died a few weeks back, and thus deciding that they must've been trying to make you sad because that's how their action felt.

    People could be wearing a firearm to a tea party rally because the Tea Parties large focus is in regards to "returning" to a constitutional govenrment and they feel that wearing a firearm is a visable display of them enacting their rights. They could be wearing it because they always do as a means of protection. They could be wearing it because they felt it would fit in better with the crowd. They could be wearing it because they felt like it'd be a place they could actually go in public wearing it without being looked at strangely and liked the idea. None of which is wearing it in an attempt to "threaten" you, but because you feel threatened due to your own personal issues and biases you decide to place intent upon their actions and claim it violence.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    bringing a gun to an angry rally, full of accusations of treason & tyranny, is a sign of love & peace???

    come on now.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    bringing a gun to an angry rally, full of accusations of treason & tyranny, is a sign of love & peace???

    come on now.
    Go read my comments on opinions thunder and you'll likely have a good guess of how I likely view yours.

    I'll "come on" when your idiotic and ignorant hyper partisan hyperbole is checked at the door.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Well, this only shows that I've got a lot more to learn...

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ..I'll "come on" when your idiotic and ignorant hyper partisan hyperbole is checked at the door.
    hyper-partisan hyperbole?

    now I think you're merely projecting.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Well, this only shows that I've got a lot more to learn...
    Here's the bigger question Wake.

    Do you think that either ideologies rallies consistant of a significant amount of violence?

    If not, why even bother with the question? Why bother with the argument? If the amount of violence in total for either ideology is not significant then why the pissing match over whose is "more" insignificantly violent OTHER than simply an attempt to find a way to demonize, attack, and deride another side even over something that is insignificant?

    And if it IS significant in your mind, then it would suggest that there should be enough evidence to at least provide something more than simply opinion in regards to the amount of violence taking place and by who.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Here's the bigger question Wake.

    Do you think that either ideologies rallies consistant of a significant amount of violence?

    If not, why even bother with the question? Why bother with the argument?...
    it stems from another thread that he decided to turn into its own thread.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Here's the bigger question Wake.

    Do you think that either ideologies rallies consistant of a significant amount of violence?

    If not, why even bother with the question? Why bother with the argument? If the amount of violence in total for either ideology is not significant then why the pissing match over whose is "more" insignificantly violent OTHER than simply an attempt to find a way to demonize, attack, and deride another side even over something that is insignificant?

    And if it IS significant in your mind, then it would suggest that there should be enough evidence to at least provide something more than simply opinion in regards to the amount of violence taking place and by who.
    That's a point I brought up earlier. I don't know which said has statistically more violence, but I can name 10 peaceful con or lib rallies for every violent one on the news. It just doesn't seem like enough violence to even matter. Moreover, the violence of a few has no impact on the legitimacy of the entire group's arguments.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Which Political Party has more Violent Rallies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    hyper-partisan hyperbole?

    now I think you're merely projecting.
    You're funny.

    Normally I'd laugh at such a ridiculous accusation and suggest the person go read a number of my posts and threads over the years. However, this one is even easier. Just go read this ****ing thread and you'll see what kind of an ignorant statement that was.

    Where did I ever mention "love and peace"? I didn't, but you of course had to launch into a strawman and grab onto hyper partisan hyperbole equating tea party protests as being "Full" of treason and and tyranny which suggests that's a significant portion of it (unless somehow something that is "full" of something only has a tiny bit of it). I suggested the reason could be due to a political demonstration of constitutional rights (oh, I'm sorry, Thunder reads this as "peace and love" apparently), it could be because they always wear it as a form of protection (opps, again, somehow that came out as "peace and love" on his screen"), or because its an experience (wearing a firearm openly) that they don't normally feel comfortable doing but would enjoy and had a safe environment in which to do it without ridicule (wow, that was a LOT of words to say "peace and love").

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •