View Poll Results: Should the duty by re-examined?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 26.42%
  • No

    39 73.58%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: The Duty of Corporations

  1. #91
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Who decides what is fair and just?
    Good men (or women I guess) .

  2. #92
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Not high enough, that is the point democrats are making. They should have to pay for ALL of it because without the infrastructure that us lower class people build, they would have not one single employee. They are a product of OUR environment, not the other way around.
    Well, here's the deal. The corporate and small business interests do more in the form of employing than any party's policies ever did. Much of the social theories that Democrats introduced over the years omit major parts of reality. Poor people built the roads, fine, wealthy people paid for it; Democrats tend to be punitive towards business interests as they have the "deep pockets" mentality, well, it's insulting to a business owner to assume 100% of the liability and then be regulated by non contributing " business partners" in government that contribute nothing, take at will, and use the full force of law to dictate the businesses practices, then turn around and say "it's not enough".

    Further, many employees seek laws to further the influence against their employers. While some of those may or may not be necessary it boils down to people using force to change company policy while contributing no liability. The point is, under any tax system you can site, the wealthy pay more, most have no problem with paying more....it's paying too much that becomes the issue.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #93
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,433

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    And an employee has a greater duty than to simply work minimum hours for maximal pay.

    The should, according to the liberals in this thread, take into account the state of the union, the economy, etc., and cut their salaries to ease the burden on employers so that more people can be hired. They should work more hours in each day (without pay) to better utilize the fixed costs of the business like the desks, PC's, etc.

    They should also leave for work extra early every day so they can stop on the roadside and plant a ****ing tree.

    AND, we should make it a federal law to do all this ****. Good lord people.

  4. #94
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Well, here's the deal. The corporate and small business interests do more in the form of employing than any party's policies ever did. Much of the social theories that Democrats introduced over the years omit major parts of reality. Poor people built the roads, fine, wealthy people paid for it; Democrats tend to be punitive towards business interests as they have the "deep pockets" mentality, well, it's insulting to a business owner to assume 100% of the liability and then be regulated by non contributing " business partners" in government that contribute nothing, take at will, and use the full force of law to dictate the businesses practices, then turn around and say "it's not enough".

    Further, many employees seek laws to further the influence against their employers. While some of those may or may not be necessary it boils down to people using force to change company policy while contributing no liability. The point is, under any tax system you can site, the wealthy pay more, most have no problem with paying more....it's paying too much that becomes the issue.
    They provide the money to build the roads, the poor physically build them. Does this sound familiar?

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    The should, according to the liberals in this thread...
    I guess you missed my liberal post where I said corporations don't have a duty to anyone except for who they chose to have a duty to. Similar sentiments have been expressed by other liberals. Maybe you should stick to replying to individual posters rather than making such anti-intellectual generalizations.

    That said, even though I disagree with those who say corporations have duties beyond the ones they set for themselves, the conclusions you draw from their comments are ridiculous.

  6. #96
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    They provide the money to build the roads, the poor physically build them. Does this sound familiar?
    And the "poor" if you can call construction work that; build the roads for agreed upon pay in the hiring contract. The monetary value of not doing the labor is set by the business or government organization and the employee decides it matches their time/labor value requirement. What's your point?
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 10-11-11 at 06:33 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #97
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    And the "poor" if you can call construction work that build the roads for agreed upon pay in the hiring contract. The monetary value of not doing the labor is set by the business or government organization and the employee decides it matches their time/labor value requirement. What's your point?
    That didn't make sense...

  8. #98
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Good men (or women I guess) .
    Who decides who is good? See my point? It's according to perspective. If, for example, two individuals both desire the same object, and one guy wins while the other loses, it is fair to the winner and unfair to the loser. Fair is in the eye of the beholder. So is justice. If your entire family is killed by a drunk driver, can anyone really mete out justice? Can they ever be brought back again? Can their deaths ever really be avenged? Ultimately, nothing changes. Fairness and justice are useless concepts. Life is neither fair nor just.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #99
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    That didn't make sense...
    It's simple. You said the poor built the roads, sure, fine, and that the rich paid for them, also fine. The "poor" who are working to build those roads accepted a position, which required a contract to be signed which required values to be set. The contract values are this, what is the labor(not having to physically build the road) worth to the employer and individually what is the time lost to the individual employee and their physical labor worth to them in dollar values. Once those are all determined employment is attained.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 10-11-11 at 06:47 PM. Reason: needed to change words for meaning clarity.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #100
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Duty of Corporations

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Who decides who is good? See my point? It's according to perspective. If, for example, two individuals both desire the same object, and one guy wins while the other loses, it is fair to the winner and unfair to the loser. Fair is in the eye of the beholder. So is justice. If your entire family is killed by a drunk driver, can anyone really mete out justice? Can they ever be brought back again? Can their deaths ever really be avenged? Ultimately, nothing changes. Fairness and justice are useless concepts. Life is neither fair nor just.
    I guess you can make that subjective argument, and I would agree with you .

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •