View Poll Results: Should the GOP should fear the 99% movement

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely should fear it

    33 31.13%
  • Somewhat fear it

    9 8.49%
  • Fear it a little bit

    3 2.83%
  • Fear it a tiny bit

    3 2.83%
  • Absolutely nothing to fear

    47 44.34%
  • Don't know

    1 0.94%
  • Don't care

    6 5.66%
  • Other (explian)

    4 3.77%
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 403

Thread: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    The conservatives should however fear the impetus behind this movement.
    It just means the one term Marxist president Obama's class warfare rhetoric combined with paying for protesters works.

    There will always be a role for the useful idiot. And now, apparently, one can find an advertisement for useful idiots on Craig's List. Socialism and Marxism are such powerful organizing principles for the unprincipled.

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    in that case, it's not arrogance.. it's delusion and dishonesty
    YEAH!

    Its clearly 1% screwing 80% with the help of 19%.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    ...its about the TEAPARTY blaming everything thats wrong with the country on everything and everyone but the rich and corporations . . .
    Have you been drinking again?

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I agree it would probably look that way by those that do not realize they are being screwed.
    that's your response?.. i'm being screwed and I don't realize it?

    seriously, if i'm getting screwed, please please please let the screwing continue... and ramp it up a notch or 2.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    No sir...you are wrong and your not paying attention....the teaparty has done nothing since the nov elections but attack everything and anything middleclass and poor.
    You have been drinking again!

  6. #246
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Right, eating is unpatriotic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know when you get to the bottom of this great evil.
    You may feel eating is unpatriotic, I just want to know who's paying for them to be fed. It's a standard question - no need to get upset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Curious you are more concerned about who is providing food to the protesters than you are the money wall street is providing to our politicians.
    Am I? How do you know this? In order to make an informed decision and understand who and what these protests are about, it's required to find out as much about them as possible, including who is funding them. No one spends 22 days in the open air in NYC without money - especially not in the 1,000's of protesters. I can understand your concern - but aren't facts more important to help those who still have not made up their minds - make up their minds?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #247
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You have been drinking again!
    Moderator's Warning:
    Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?Knock this kind of stuff off
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I guess then you have to prove that the prices they raise are equal to or more than what the revenue benefits would be. You kind of leave that hanging. Also, it does matter what the higher bracket is taxed because when they were taxed at 90% back in the Eisenhower era it had the direct effect of companies investing in their growth rather than their executives and it showed in the economic stability.
    Clearly you are a genius. What was the effective tax rate during the Eisenhower presidency? What is the effective tax rate today? I am confident you know because you speak with such force, such clarity, such purpose...

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    politicians are are absurdly arrogant lot too...
    fair enough.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Does the GOP need to fear the 99% Movement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post

    Personally, I would be much more impressed if the Occupiers went out and got occupied. Don't camp out in a New York park, trying to get screen time on Rachel Maddow's show while you scream about Goldman Sachs. If you truly care about the millions of Americans who are hurting, go out and volunteer at a soup kitchen, at a food bank, at a school. Be a tutor, a mentor, a Big Brother or Big Sister. I'd be much more likely to listen to their message--assuming it were focused--if they did something like that than if they just spend endless weeks in drum circles and consensus-building call-and-answer sessions.
    But that is not where the babes, the booze, the drugs and the opportunity to do mischief are.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •