Absolutely should fear it
Somewhat fear it
Fear it a little bit
Fear it a tiny bit
Absolutely nothing to fear
Since you're being so coy about what you do, I'll assume you're a corporate laywer. If you're anything other than a public defender, I don't see how you're doing a public service. As it is, a bigger portion of my taxes go to supporting what you do, than yours go to supporting what I do. Why should I have to pay for a court system that you're using more than me?
I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was wedding between the religious fundamentalists and political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it. ~ Billy Graham in Parade magazine February 1, 1981.
Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
The Psychology of Persuasion
The Republican party is hoping that this Occupy movement dies out. They're hoping that once city officials grow tired of people hanging around their public facilities, whether local residents or transients, they'll force these people to leave. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where the real fun begins.
My fear is that by trying to kick the protesters out, city officials will unknowingly spark deeper resentment backs people will see this as an attempt to muzzle the desenters. The argument from the protesters will then be all about exercising one's 1st Amendment rights. This is where things will likely boil over into chaos!
NYC Mayor Bloomberg is taking the safer route by allowing the protesters to stay for as long as they like as long as they don't break the law. He knows that all it will take is one isolated incident to boil over into a firestorm! Look at what happened over in Boston where local police got into an altercation with some war veterans.
Now, I'm of that camp that says if your protest permit has expired, you pack up and go home until your new permit has been approved. I'm also of that camp that says everyone has a right to peacefully assemble in a public place, but if you're being unrully and you're breaking the law or damaging public/private property you deserve to be arrested. Even MLK, Jr recognized that even in situations of peaceful protest gatherings there was always the risk of being arrested for something. It's when the protesters are attempting to go quietly and local authorities unleash on them "Rodney King-style" that I have a problem with. (And by that I mean the police begin to treat protesters unfairly even going to the extent to find any excuse to force the protesters to leave and their forced removal brings about unrest...think Selma and Birmingham, AL in the '60s.)
I guess my point is while there are 2-sides to every story, there's also a right way and a wrong way to go about conflict resolution. The Boston PD may have been right about the damage done to public scene even if all that was destroyed were plants, but the protesters should have left quietly if asked to do so (unless, of course, the cops came in "Rodney King-style" which appears to have been the case here).
99%...according to this lunacy only 1% of the population is a republican. That would explain why republicans get elected to office...because the other 99% votes for them (ha). With that in mind no one has anything to fear from the (so called) 99%...they really need a better name, like "The Instigators".