View Poll Results: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 73.77%
  • No

    16 26.23%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 180

Thread: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

  1. #121
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what stupidity again. "we should not be able to defend ourselves from the SWAT Teams"

    did it ever occur to you that many criminal organizations have the same weapons swat teams have

    Hell I have most of the weapons swat teams have and can outshoot most of them
    Ummm... you don't have a SMG do you?

  2. #122
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Ummm... you don't have a SMG do you?
    No but I have a Colt 9mm carbine which is pretty similar. I can own SMGs -its just not worth the money. But I have state of the art combat shotguns, state of the art "sniper" rifles etc. A benelli shotgun properly loaded is more lethal than a SMG



  3. #123
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No but I have a Colt 9mm carbine which is pretty similar. I can own SMGs -its just not worth the money. But I have state of the art combat shotguns, state of the art "sniper" rifles etc. A benelli shotgun properly loaded is more lethal than a SMG
    So then what do you have against our current system? When have you ever heard of a criminal organization using flash bangs?

  4. #124
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So then what do you have against our current system? When have you ever heard of a criminal organization using flash bangs?
    I think you are not understanding the current laws

    we should be able to buy a M4 select fire carbine TOMORROW that was made last week without spending 20K for a weapon that costs a police department 1000 dollars



  5. #125
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    flash bang grenades-we used to call those M-80s when I was a kid



  6. #126
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    flash bang grenades-we used to call those M-80s when I was a kid
    You are comparing flash bangs to m-80's LOL
    M84 stun grenade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    M-80 (explosive) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    we should be able to buy a M4 select fire carbine TOMORROW that was made last week without spending 20K for a weapon that costs a police department 1000 dollars
    Alright, I agree with you their, the paperwork shouldn't cost 20k dollars.

  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You are comparing flash bangs to m-80's LOL
    M84 stun grenade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    M-80 (explosive) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    Alright, I agree with you their, the paperwork shouldn't cost 20k dollars.
    the weapons cost that much because dems banned us buying any autos made after May 19, 1986 driving the prices of those legal to own through the roof



  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I think you are referring to the swat team here. We should not be able to defend ourselves from the SWAT team because they are only called on in extreme cases (From what I have seen).
    I think you miss the point of the Second Amendment. We do not have the right to bear arms just to defend ourselves from outside invasion, but MORE IMPORTANTLY to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the State.

    If we aren't allowed to have the same weapons that SWAT has, then how do we protect ourselves if government becomes tyrannical and uses SWAT to enforce draconian laws?

  9. #129
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I think you miss the point of the Second Amendment. We do not have the right to bear arms just to defend ourselves from outside invasion, but MORE IMPORTANTLY to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the State.

    If we aren't allowed to have the same weapons that SWAT has, then how do we protect ourselves if government becomes tyrannical and uses SWAT to enforce draconian laws?
    Why do you feel the need to defend yourself form the SWAT team?

  10. #130
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Should an American citizen have the right to own a fully automatic assault rifle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Why do you feel the need to defend yourself form the SWAT team?
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •