View Poll Results: Death Penalty: Yea or Nay?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

    28 60.87%
  • Nay

    18 39.13%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 180

Thread: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    i deal in reality and facts
    Obviously not.

    1. Prove that life sentences increase in prison crime.
    2. Prove that attempted prison escapes BY people with life sentences w/o parole lead to crime.
    3. Prove that gang/cartel/etc. leaders who are executed are either a) not replaced b)more or equally violent than their successors

    Until you can prove that, then all you have is opinion. The absolute "the DP does not increase safety anymore than LS" is an opinion. However, your absolute arguments against that absolute are also opinions. Your error is in assuming that your absolutes are fact - they aren't - unless you can provide facts to back them up.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    possibly but ONLY if you add qualifiers which you are doing
    I think that in the end this is just silly semantics. You can't talk about the "public", which is the aggregation of the individuals in a society, without speaking of statistics. Whether the guy is in jail for life or killed by the State, the public still has the same relative amount of "safety". the DP does not buy us anything in that regard.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #83
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Obviously not.

    1. Prove that life sentences increase in prison crime.
    2. Prove that attempted prison escapes BY people with life sentences w/o parole lead to crime.
    3. Prove that gang/cartel/etc. leaders who are executed are either a) not replaced b)more or equally violent than their successors

    Until you can prove that, then all you have is opinion. The absolute "the DP does not increase safety anymore than LS" is an opinion. However, your absolute arguments against that absolute are also opinions. Your error is in assuming that your absolutes are fact - they aren't - unless you can provide facts to back them up.
    1.)
    can a dead man commit a crime? no
    could a live man commit a crime? yes

    2.)
    attempting a prison break IS a crime.

    3.)
    nobody said they arent replaced lol the answer is already given in answer 1.

    no opinion here all facts.

    You spoke in an absolute so you were wrong, no biggie, it happens, usually if a person speaks in absolutes they are wrong.

    also you fail because I never made you quoted statement lmao and you obviously dont understand absolutes, I dont need an absolute to prove an absolute wrong, all i need is a POSSIBILITY

    LMAO





    game over
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think that in the end this is just silly semantics. You can't talk about the "public", which is the aggregation of the individuals in a society, without speaking of statistics. Whether the guy is in jail for life or killed by the State, the public still has the same relative amount of "safety". the DP does not buy us anything in that regard.
    no not at all, its not semantics im going by EXACTLY what was said and you are trying to add qualifiers, which by the way may or may not be right, wrong, true or false but they do nothing to make his false statement true
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    no not at all, its not semantics im going by EXACTLY what was said and you are trying to add qualifiers, which by the way may or may not be right, wrong, true or false but they do nothing to make his false statement true
    I think you are completely playing semantics for the reason I had already listed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.)
    can a dead man commit a crime? no
    could a live man commit a crime? yes
    I asked you to prove that life sentences increase crime. I didn't ask you to restate the logic behind your opinion.

    2.) attempting a prison break IS a crime.
    Oh my God. Obviously in the context of this discussion, I'm talking about crimes that lead to a harmed society which an attempted prison does not do in and of itself. So prove it.

    3.) nobody said they arent replaced lol the answer is already given in answer 1.
    Your logic for the idea that a dead man is less dangerous because he can't give orders rests upon the logic that he either won't be replaced or that he is equally or more violent than his replacement. Prove that logic or all you have is an opinion.

  7. #87
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think you are completely playing semantics for the reason I had already listed.
    your allowed to think that but you would also be wrong and it does nothing to change his false statement
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #88
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    your allowed to think that but you would also be wrong and it does nothing to change his false statement
    I wouldn't be wrong as public is innately the aggregated society and thus innately speaks to statistics, not individual cases. Perchance you just feel like saying it's wrong. Regardless, there does not seem to be any benefit at all to the public and society at large from the use of the death penalty.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #89
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I asked you to prove that life sentences increase crime. I didn't ask you to restate the logic behind your opinion.


    Oh my God. Obviously in the context of this discussion, I'm talking about crimes that lead to a harmed society which an attempted prison does not do in and of itself. So prove it.


    Your logic for the idea that a dead man is less dangerous because he can't give orders rests upon the logic that he either won't be replaced or that he is equally or more violent than his replacement. Prove that logic or all you have is an opinion.
    1.) thats not the logic behind my opinion, its the logic that proves your statment false my opinion is not involved in any way what so ever LMAO
    2.) again thats not what you asked but the fact remains that prisoners COULD escape and then COULD endanger the public in a way a dead man could not
    3.) no that's what you tried to turn my logic into but i wont let you. My REAL logic is about your statement and a criminal alive could commit more crime and a criminal dead could not.

    the first domino has to be the guy getting killed or not getting killed, if that guy is alive he can continue to bring crime.

    none of this is opinion its the facts and you acceptance of these facts is meaningless, they were facts yesterday, they are fact now and they will be facts tomorrow.

    Your statement was wrong, man up and admit or dont, doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. answer one in the privious post is all the proof that is needed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #90
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    i said you are wrong about "thinking" im playing semantics LMAO not the rest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •