View Poll Results: Death Penalty: Yea or Nay?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

    28 60.87%
  • Nay

    18 39.13%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 180

Thread: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It does happen, but not on an aggregated level that would excuse the death penalty. The use of the death penalty innately consumes innocent life. The focus should be on the minimization of that and as such, in our modern world the use of the death penalty has become archaic.
    this is your opinion and you are welcome to it. the focus I made is that his statement was wrong



    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Government workers do not make up the aggregated public. That is a statement of fact.
    ok
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's true on all statistical levels though. Life sentence without parole does not significantly increase the dangers to the aggregated public.
    oh now its "significantly" based on what and whos opinions? lol
    either way his statement was false that fact doesnt change, he spoke in an absolute and thats what makes it wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    oh now its "significantly" based on what and whos opinions? lol
    either way his statement was false that fact doesnt change, he spoke in an absolute and thats what makes it wrong.
    No, I think he was speaking statistically. In which case, it's true. Once a prisoner is behind bars, he offers no relative threat to the aggregated public.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.) listen dont be dishonest people in prison commit crimes against others in prison
    I never said they didn't.

    and no it cant be turned around because my augment is against your STILL false statement.
    Nope, the death penalty may actually increase crime since death row inmates have nothing to lose.

    more dishonesty even if they dont its not equal, dead = no chance of escaping and harming people, alive = possible
    It's not dishonest to want proof for a threat to safety.

    and yet even a 3rd point of dishonesty. actually it could or it could let the same guy live on and give orders for even longer. Or maybe while this guy is alive he decides to go on an all out war the whole time he is alive?
    Gangs, cartels, etc. have new leaders when old ones die. Your point is irrelevant. Perhaps the leaders that die are less violent than the leaders that take over thereby making the death penalty increase violence. Show me proof of your theory.

    like i said your statement is factually wrong on many levels and thats just reality, to deny that is just silly
    You've offered opinions and nothing more.

    and yet MORE dishonesty or just a bold face lie, pick one
    It's neither, just a misunderstanding. I misread it. But leave it to you to always assume the worst.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 10-07-11 at 04:07 PM.

  5. #75
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I think he was speaking statistically. In which case, it's true. Once a prisoner is behind bars, he offers no relative threat to the aggregated public.
    well since he didn't mention stats or opinions or say "aggregated" or any other QUALIFIERS to make his statements at least "debatable" currently his statement is still and just flat out wrong

    that wont change lol he could now go back and say he mispoke or meant something else but what he wrote is in fact wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #76
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    well since he didn't mention stats or opinions or say "aggregated" or any other QUALIFIERS to make his statements at least "debatable" currently his statement is still and just flat out wrong

    that wont change lol he could now go back and say he mispoke or meant something else but what he wrote is in fact wrong.
    I think once you start talking about the public at large, which was what the statement spoke to, you're no longer speaking of individual cases; but rather the aggregated system. Under such, the statement is correct.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    well since he didn't mention stats or opinions or say "aggregated" or any other QUALIFIERS to make his statements at least "debatable" currently his statement is still and just flat out wrong
    I always laugh when people think that someone's first comment in a thread should be a detailed explanation of their theory. Consequently, if I don't say "statistically" or "in general", then clarifying later will just be perceived as dishonest which is why I don't even bother. But yes, Ikari is right about my statement.

    That said, you haven't even proved the absolute wrong considering that your arguments against it have simply been your non-fact based opinions.

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I never said they didn't.


    Nope, the death penalty may actually increase crime since death row inmates have nothing to lose.


    It's not dishonest to want proof for a threat to safety.



    You've offered opinions and nothing more.

    It's neither, just a misunderstanding. I misread it. But leave it to you to always assume the worst.
    LMAO Im not even playing silly word games, i deal in reality and facts, your statement is flat out wrong and it has been proven

    % of how wrong doesnt matter if its .0001% wrong its wrong

    next time dont speak in absolutes an you wont have that problem

    if you would like to reword or add qualifiers to your wrong statement thats fine by me but the statement you made is wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I always laugh when people think that someone's first comment in a thread should be a detailed explanation of their theory. Consequently, if I don't say "statistically" or "in general", then clarifying later will just be perceived as dishonest which is why I don't even bother. But yes, Ikari is right about my statement.

    That said, you haven't even proved the absolute wrong considering that your arguments against it have simply been your non-fact based opinions.
    if you dont like it, make better statements or when the fact is pointed out that your statement as it stands is wrong just INSTANTLY admit it and explain what you REALLY meant instead of trying to back pedal or deny it. pretty simple solution.

    thats what I do when I misspeak and make a mistake, i simply admit it

    your statement as originally made is wrong, you either accept that fact or you dont.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #80
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think once you start talking about the public at large, which was what the statement spoke to, you're no longer speaking of individual cases; but rather the aggregated system. Under such, the statement is correct.
    possibly but ONLY if you add qualifiers which you are doing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •