View Poll Results: Death Penalty: Yea or Nay?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

    28 60.87%
  • Nay

    18 39.13%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 180

Thread: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    So then you really just don't understand. Oh well, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    I'll say it again: The safety of the public (including those in prison) is NOT improved by the death penalty if those on death row commit more crimes before they are executed than those with life sentences commit for the entire time that they are in prison. The fact is, the incentives for an LS inmate to not commit crimes are much greater than the incentives for a DP inmate to not do so. Your unwillingness to acknowledge those incentives suggests that you reject any reality that contradicts your own worldview.

    What you have is a hypothesis - a very logical hypothesis that many people agree with. However, at the end of the day it's still just a hypothesis and many well liked logical hypotheses have been proven wrong in the past. That you are unwilling to substantiate that hypothesis with evidence illustrates your lack of interest in honest debate. And it's funny because if you would provide evidence, I'd accept it.
    why do you lie? and just make stuff up and partially post what I said? I addressed your FANTASY claim but it holds no merit on my point that your statment is wrong

    do you think people are dumb enough to fall for it?

    I understand it PERFECTLY, the problem is that its not reality. Its merely your opinion and a false one.

    and no matter how much you try to spin things your wrong statement has already been proven wrong

    you made a statement that was false because it was an absolute, it happens, my suggestion would be to man up and admit you misspoke instead of trying to deny it or spin it or now come up with other possible , qualifiers and back pedals that you didnt originally say?

    If you could just be honest and admit your statement was wrong youd have credibility.

    Id talk about ANY POSSIBLE scenarios that you'd like if youd just man up and admit you misspoke in your original false statement. Until you do so IM just going to stay on topic and keep repeat the only point I made, which is your statement is false.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Objective View Post
    If you could just be honest and admit your statement was wrong youd have credibility.
    I've already said that you're interpretation of my comment was wrong and that I don't agree with the absolute. Ikrai's interpretation was correct and I agree with that, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. My point thus far has been that all you've offered is opinion and you're pretending it's fact - which is true. You've offered a hypothesis and have refused to support it with evidence.

    In any case, I'm bored of repeating myself because it's clear that no matter how simply I put my points, you don't understand them - and you really don't.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,044

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    For it.

    Because getting rid of murderers should by one of our highest priorities...

    ... in doing so we are affirming that we hold life to be the highest value in our society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,044

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Objective View Post
    If you could just be honest and admit your statement was wrong youd have credibility.
    Dude, his credibilty has long been established as being very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #115
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I've already said that you're interpretation of my comment was wrong and that I don't agree with the absolute. Ikrai's interpretation was correct and I agree with that, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. My point thus far has been that all you've offered is opinion and you're pretending it's fact - which is true. You've offered a hypothesis and have refused to support it with evidence.

    In any case, I'm bored of repeating myself because it's clear that no matter how simply I put my points, you don't understand them - and you really don't.
    It wasnt my "interpretation" LMAO
    it was EXACTLY what you said, I havent given you my opinion I gave you facts HUGE difference

    what happen is what you WANTED to say and MEANT to say wasnt what you actually said

    the fact remains is what you actually said was false, twist how you like doesnt matter to me LMAO

    accept it or dont, doesnt change the facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #116
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Dude, his credibilty has long been established as being very good.
    not on this topic, on this topic it was shot posts ago when he choose to play games instead of admit the truth

    Ive misspoke before, i just admit it instead of playing games
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Objective View Post
    not on this topic, on this topic it was shot posts ago when he choose to play games instead of admit the truth

    Ive misspoke before, i just admit it instead of playing games
    I'm not going to "admit" that I'm wrong because two people who read my initial comment interpreted it differently. You interpreted it one way and Ikari interpreted it another way - I agree with Ikari's interpretation. I don't agree with yours. I made that clear a long time ago so what on earth you thin I need to "admit" is beyond me.

    I believe that your interpretation of my comment - the absolute - is an unsubstantiated opinion that I neither agree nor disagree with as I didn't give that opinion. However, I disagree with your assertion that the statements you've made thus far are facts - since they aren't.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,044

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Objective View Post
    not on this topic, on this topic it was shot posts ago when he choose to play games instead of admit the truth

    Ive misspoke before, i just admit it instead of playing games
    Fair enough... I have not read the thread, but knowing how he acts (as well as I can) I would assume that if he is "playing a game" it is unintended. In all fairness to how you are interpreting his statements, it seems pretty clear that he would know what he is talking about and man, you know you can be a little pig headed at times... right.
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; 10-07-11 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #119
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I'm not going to "admit" that I'm wrong because two people who read my initial comment interpreted it differently. You interpreted it one way and Ikari interpreted it another way - I agree with Ikari's interpretation. I don't agree with yours. I made that clear a long time ago so what on earth you thin I need to "admit" is beyond me.

    I believe that your interpretation of my comment - the absolute - is an unsubstantiated opinion that I neither agree nor disagree with as I didn't give that opinion. However, I disagree with your assertion that the statements you've made thus far are facts - since they aren't.
    you dont have to, you will still be wrong.

    the problem is that "i" didnt interpret it in any other way accept for what it said. Mine isnt an interpretation, I took the words and sentence for their EXACT meaning LMAO


    Ikari used QUALIFIERS and EXTRA words to tell me what he THINKS you MIGHT mean or COULD mean.

    Thats is an interpretation HUGE difference.

    I didnt guess what you could POSSIBLY mean I took your sentence for its value and direct meaning.

    SO your acceptance is neither needed nor does it matter

    also I have proved EVERYTHING I said, what i havent proved is things you WANT me to have claimed or tried to GET me to claim, those I didnt prove nor did I care about them because they had no bearing on your wrong statement.

    The fact is your statement at its face value, using the actually words in your sentence, is wrong. If you MEANT something else all you had to do is say so, you choose not to, and you choose to instead play games

    no biggie to me, in fact you are still playing game but again it has no impact on your wrong statement. Next time say what you mean or when questioned/called out on it, admit the mistake and that you should have worded it better
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #120
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Fair enough... I have not read the thread, but knowing how he acts (as well as I can) I would assume that if he is "playing a game" it is unintended. In all fairness to how you are interpreting his statements, it seems pretty clear that he would know what he is talking about and man, you know you can be a little pig headed at times... right.

    LOL yes I can
    but only when faced when somebody who desperately is trying to push their opinion as fact or somebody that refuses to admit a wrong or that they have misspoken.

    These are some of my favorite situations because they are so funny to watch people talk circles and try to deflect. Actually some here are VERY VERY good at it and ive seen a person be caught dead to rights misspeaking or being wrong but because they are so good a mis/redirecting the people that originally called them out get caught in the mix and dont even know what they were originally debating LOL

    I dont have much experience with TPD but is is no dummy by any stretch of the imagination but I do believe he was trying to dazzle me with bull**** and misdirect instead of just saying "yeah my bad I should have worded that different instead of speaking in an absolute"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •