View Poll Results: Death Penalty: Yea or Nay?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

    28 60.87%
  • Nay

    18 39.13%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 180

Thread: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    i said you are wrong about "thinking" im playing semantics LMAO not the rest
    You're essentially still doing it now.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    my opinion is not involved in any way what so ever
    I haven't seen any links to statistics or studies, so your opinion is the only thing involved at this point.

  3. #93
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You're essentially still doing it now.
    "essentially" nope
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #94
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I haven't seen any links to statistics or studies, so your opinion is the only thing involved at this point.
    if you say so but you would be wrong again

    its a fact that an alive person COULD commit a crime and a dead person can NOT commit a crime

    sorry no opinion there
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    its a fact that an alive person COULD commit a crime and a dead person can NOT commit a crime
    I agree - I haven't questioned that fact...

  6. #96
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I agree - I haven't questioned that fact...
    Good because that fact makes your "absolute" statement false.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #97
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    As a Christian one might think I would be against the Death Penalty but you would be wrong because you are not familiar with the Bible's teachings on the subject.

    What does the Bible say about the death penalty / capital punishment?
    The Old Testament law commanded the death penalty for various acts: murder (Exodus 21:12), kidnapping (Exodus 21:16), bestiality (Exodus 22:19), adultery (Leviticus 20:10), homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13), being a false prophet (Deuteronomy 13:5), prostitution and rape (Deuteronomy 22:24), and several other crimes. However, God often showed mercy when the death penalty was due. David committed adultery and murder, yet God did not demand his life be taken (2 Samuel 11:1-5, 14-17; 2 Samuel 12:13). Ultimately, every sin we commit should result in the death penalty because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Thankfully, God demonstrates His love for us in not condemning us (Romans 5:8).
    With these things in mind I have to come down on the side of the laws on the books.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    As a Christian one might think I would be against the Death Penalty but you would be wrong because you are not familiar with the Bible's teachings on the subject.



    With these things in mind I have to come down on the side of the laws on the books.
    I keep hearing though that the commands of the Old Testament are no longer valid as the obligations were fulfilled with the coming of Jesus and that the New Testament composes the new ideals and philosophies. So is there something in the New Testament which upholds the death penalty?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Good because that fact makes your "absolute" statement false.
    Actually...it doesn't...at all.

  10. #100
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Death Penalty: Right or Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually...it doesn't...at all.
    maybe it doesnt in fantasy land but in reality it does. LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •