View Poll Results: Hank Williams Jr.'s 1st Amendment Rights were they violated or infringed upon?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 20.48%
  • No

    63 75.90%
  • Other

    1 1.20%
  • I like mashed potatoes

    2 2.41%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 154

Thread: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    I personally have no problem with what Hank Jr said. Having said that, MNF has every right to pull the opening song if they choose to, just as I have the right to not watch any MNF game that doesn't open with the MNF version of "All My Rowdy Friends are Coming Over Tonight".

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    When the Dixie Chicks said somethng critical about GWB and their songs were pulled from country radio, the liberals whined about their right to say what they wanted.

    Guessing those same people are pretty silent now. Wonder why that would be.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I personally have no problem with what Hank Jr said. Having said that, MNF has every right to pull the opening song if they choose to, just as I have the right to not watch any MNF game that doesn't open with the MNF version of "All My Rowdy Friends are Coming Over Tonight".
    100% correct.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    100% correct.
    That's what people need to do, and what I've already done.... let ESPN know that you will not be watching ANY Monday Night Football broadcast that doesn't open with that song. Period. Hit them in the pocketbook via viewership.

  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    When the Dixie Chicks said somethng critical about GWB and their songs were pulled from country radio, the liberals whined about their right to say what they wanted.

    Guessing those same people are pretty silent now. Wonder why that would be.
    williams had every right to say whatever he wanted.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    I only hope that the same Country/Western radio stations that boycotted the Dixie Chicks music because they said something negative about the President of the United States aren't hypocrites and boycott HW Jr. as well.....somehow I think their hypocrisy will be glaring.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    When the Dixie Chicks said somethng critical about GWB and their songs were pulled from country radio, the liberals whined about their right to say what they wanted.

    Guessing those same people are pretty silent now. Wonder why that would be.
    Oh - were Hank Williams Jr's songs pulled from the radio?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I only hope that the same Country/Western radio stations that boycotted the Dixie Chicks music because they said something negative about the President of the United States aren't hypocrites and boycott HW Jr. as well.....somehow I think their hypocrisy will be glaring.
    There's a difference. The Dixie Chicks were WRONG both in what they said and in the fact that as women they shouldn't have been commenting on politics to begin with. Hank Jr was absolutely CORRECT in what he said.

  9. #39
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    That's what people need to do, and what I've already done.... let ESPN know that you will not be watching ANY Monday Night Football broadcast that doesn't open with that song. Period. Hit them in the pocketbook via viewership.
    Not going to happen. Nobody watches MNF to just to see the intro. The odds of ESPN losing viewers over this are slim to none.

  10. #40
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Oh - were Hank Williams Jr's songs pulled from the radio?
    20 years ago.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •